Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Radio Interview

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
we have to live within our means.Bloom is the right guy and I think he may just be a tad concern with the way Poyet has spent some off the money

Agreed. A chairman has to place faith in a managers acquisitions, it doesn't mean the chairman would have signed them if he were the manager.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I love the guy, but he was bought to the club to score goals and you would expect a £3.25m striker to take 1 in 5 chances.
To be fair the price we payed was over inflated big time,he is class though and we need to play to his strenghs that's all.CMS is suited to n attacking side,we play negative defensive football.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
To be fair the price we payed was over inflated big time,he is class though and we need to play to his strenghs that's all.CMS is suited to n attacking side,we play negative defensive football.

So if CMS is class does that make Poyet dog shit, given the derisory return we have had from him?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
CMS has been given so many chances starting in the first team. Just like his P'boro Championship season, he will never cut the mustard at this level, and that is several £m down the swanny. Shame.
He scored 10 goals(no penalties)last season for a team who prefer defending,it's a good return as far as im concerned.Its not CMS's thought his price tag was over inflated because everyone wanted him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
we have to live within our means.Bloom is the right guy and I think he may just be a tad concern with the way Poyet has spent some off the money

I tend to get the feeling that Gus with money is like a child with their pocket money. They go out and spunk the lot on sweets, then start crying when they are all gone and ask for more.....That would be spoiled kid, not all of them.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

That is with due respect - total bollox! He is certainly not "class" He works hard, yes, he tries his best, yes, but "class" suggesting he has good technical ability, no way!

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
I tend to get the feeling that Gus with money is like a child with their pocket money. They go out and spunk the lot on sweets, then start crying when they are all gone and ask for more.....That would be spoiled kid, not all of them.

This

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That is with due respect - total bollox! He is certainly not "class" He works hard, yes, he tries his best, yes, but "class" suggesting he has good technical ability, no way!

I agree. Surely a striker who is " class " would score more than 2 league goals in 10 months.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
CMS has just come back from injury and missed most of pre season. Give the guy a break. If he hasn't scored after 10 games, then I would start to get worried.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The Murray/CMS decision last summer was a monumental f*** up.

Lets hope we don't go too much longer without it being corrected.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This. Very well put. Lets be honest would you trust Gus with more than a fiver ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CMS has just come back from injury and missed most of pre season. Give the guy a break. If he hasn't scored after 10 games, then I would start to get worried.

But he has scored 2 in about 30 games so I am worried.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

CMS average. Failed for P'boro in the Championship.

Why should the club base their team and tactics around an average footballer.
That should only be done for a special player, and he most certainly is not.

Up to CMS to adapt & learn quickly, and quite obviously he cannot.

Time to move on now, and just days left for Gus & TB to get that striker, and give this season great promise for us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Any club in this division would love CMS so that's tosh,it's always the attackers that get all the stick because we play boring defensive football,CMS WILL DO THE BUSINESS:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This.

CMS average. Failed for P'boro in the Championship.

Why should the club base their team and tactics around an average footballer.
That should only be done for a special player, and he most certainly is not.

Up to CMS to adapt & learn quickly, and quite obviously he cannot.

Time to move on now, and just days left for Gus & TB to get that striker, and give this season great promise for us.
Is 0 championship goals at a relegated side really that bad?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any club in this division would love CMS so that's tosh,it's always the attackers that get all the stick because we play boring defensive football,CMS WILL DO THE BUSINESS:)

On what facts do you base this on ? I would be surprised if we got £ 1m for him now. His reputation at this level now is that he is average, at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here