Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Radio Interview

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Are you suggesting that everyone should just blindly support the team without question or rational argument? or discussion?

Some on here (but they are ignored, thank Christ :lol:) would rather Albion players performances or abilities are never criticised in any way, whether made rationally or not.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just read this thread, and I cannot believe the crap I am reading.
FFS, we have played one game, and lost 1-0 against a team who wont be far away from the play offs at the end of the season.
Gus has said CMS was superb, okay it sounded like he had a few chances, but none of us were there, and we are relying on a local radio commentator and a summeriser who cant even pronounce the players names correctly.
The Hull radio team said we were the better team, but failed to put away the chances.
CMS played hs first full competative game, the only player that can supply him with the service he needs was injured, yet he gets castigated because he didnt score today.
Some people need to get a reality check, we are at best a team pressing for a playoff place. If CMS gets the supply, and a strike partner, then we may have a chance to push for it, but dont slag him and Gus off just because Hull scraped a lucky winner.

Read the first page...seemed a lot of bllx ..peeps churning over what they said the whole of last season...turned to last page and find a decent post

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Some on here (but they are ignored, thank Christ :lol:) would rather Albion players performances or abilities are never criticised in any way, whether made rationally or not.

thats the trouble most of the moaners aren't prepared to argue rationally or actually have a debate they just state X is shite regardless of actual facts

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I love the guy, but he was bought to the club to score goals and you would expect a £3.25m striker to take 1 in 5 chances.

where do u get 3.25...i thought range was 2.25/2.75 at yet u repeat this figure again and again...anyway by your prediction he wasn't even supposed to be here on August 18th :)

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Fact, we lost. Thats not playing well. Games revolve around goals. Not convinced until we start banging 'em in the onion net. Simple really.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tell me that at the end of the season.

nope ive told u now so i have no need to repeat it...and whether its now middle or end ..u cant say a team didnt play well just because they lost to someone ...in this case close to the end....feck...last year tables were reversed ...we scored plenty in last ten minutes and yet teams still deserved better than they got....if u mean we play well and consistently end up losing then its a problem....but yur argument doesnt say that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CMS sounded bloody awful on the radio along with Noone

Then you or the commentators got it completely wrong, he played very well, could have done with finishing some of his chances but he had his best game for ages and we DID play to his strengths.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fact, we lost. Thats not playing well. Games revolve around goals. Not convinced until we start banging 'em in the onion net. Simple really.

You weren't there obviously, we played very well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Then you or the commentators got it completely wrong, he played very well, could have done with finishing some of his chances but he had his best game for ages and we DID play to his strengths.

i have no idea what commentary it was listening to because radio sussex were praising him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
would you rather play bad and win (good habit) or play well and lose

different question and a valid one...i think sometimes yes (play bad and win) ..but u can only carry that so far and then you get found out ...but hey we played badly a few times last year and i wasnt upset when we won

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here