Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Radio Interview

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
would you rather play bad and win (good habit) or play well and lose

I'd rather fans didn't panic after one game. I've spent too many years watching us play bad and win, I LOVE the way Gus has us playing and we will play well and win more than we lose.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How do you imagine I wasn't there Icy Gull?

Because I can't imagine anyone who was there being negative about the way we played today :shrug:

You weren't there though were you???

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
different question and a valid one...i think sometimes yes (play bad and win) ..but u can only carry that so far and then you get found out ...but hey we played badly a few times last year and i wasnt upset when we won

Forest at home......think over the season it evens itself out

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I can say yes, we played well, gallantly. I can wrap myself in the endeavours of CMS and co., like a cloak of comfort. Still doesn't change the result! I hope I am not thinking right when we could be back here in three matches with a different opinion. I truly hope not!

and yes I was there Icy!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I'd rather fans didn't panic after one game. I've spent too many years watching us play bad and win, I LOVE the way Gus has us playing and we will play well and win more than we lose.

Dont think its panic,I think there just gutted we have lost.If it is panic its a bit ott after 1 bloody game of the season

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dont think its panic,I think there just gutted we have lost.If it is panic its a bit ott after 1 bloody game of the season

I'm f***ing gutted and I drove over 500 miles to be gutted.....but I enjoyed the game until 5 mins from the end :smile:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I'm f***ing gutted and I drove over 500 miles to be gutted.....but I enjoyed the game until 5 mins from the end :smile:

Like I said to Lamie it works on both feet we mugged Forest off at home last season and there will be games we do it again this season but as its the first game and its very hot q pissed off fans

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Like I said to Lamie it works on both feet we mugged Forest off at home last season and there will be games we do it again this season but as its the first game and its very hot q pissed off fans

I used that exact game as an example of how things go in football to the person I went to the game with on the walk back to the car, to dull the pain of such a late injustice, and it was definitely an injustice :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Forest at home......think over the season it evens itself out

ye..that was one and yes u r right over course of season it does...good early form and points breeds confidence...so its important we bounce back we have 2 home games now..play bad and win both i'll take that

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I used that exact game as an example of how things go in football to the person I went to the game with on the walk back to the car, to dull the pain of such a late injustice, and it was definitely an injustice :shrug:

The biggest one I have seen in recent years was bristol city at home we won 2-1 lee steele scoring when offside in injury time but the brizzle city fans that day were gutted

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
ye..that was one and yes u r right over course of season it does...good early form and points breeds confidence...so its important we bounce back we have 2 home games now..play bad and win both i'll take that

even if we lose both(im sure we will not) still no need to panic.Reading had 1 point after 4 games last year and went up as champs.....46 games is a very long season

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
and yes I was there Icy!

Fair enough, but it was the 1st game of the season and I reallyI cannot understand how anyone who watched that game can be genuinely negative, sorry :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough, but it was the 1st game of the season and I reallyI cannot understand how anyone who watched that game can be genuinely negative, sorry :shrug:

People see what they want to see and there's no reasoning with them. We played some superb stuff today and all we lacked was a killer finish. Somehow a ball got scuffed or didn't bounce right or swerved. It was just one of those days and we deserved a point at least. I don't feel as though I wasted a day watching the team as I feel encouraged by most of the player performances today.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Icy I am not trying to be obtusive, we were good, play flowed. I think we look very good on the offensive but, I guess Gus is right (and the rest of us), we need more fire power than CMS! Good performances do not equal good season in some cases.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
we have to live within our means.Bloom is the right guy and I think he may just be a tad concern with the way Poyet has spent some off the money
That's an outrageous statement to make :lol:

Harley
Hoskins
Vincelot
Sparrow
CMS (although he actually played him today) are all complete successes. I haven't a clue what you could possibiliy mean!!

Of course, the millions we spend on wingers only to play one of them is no need for concern either!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This thread is fantastic: utter, utter bollocks from at least half of the contributors.

Why do so many of you wank yourselves silly about Murray? He was crap and couldn't care less for two years, and then began to perform when it was time to renew his contract...and he had chances provided by Kaz, Elliott, Nooney etc.

What did he do at Palace last year? Played hardly any games and scored hardly and goals. CMS doubled his tally last year, but still Murray would have been better?! Far too many living in an absolute dream world.

I'd take a hard-worker like Craig over a couldn't-give-a-shit Palarse shitter any day of the week!

PS 22 goals Murray scored in LEAGUE ONE, huh? How many did CMS score that season, in the same league? I've forgotten....DICKHEADS.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Personally I think it's a disgrace that CMS has scored ZERO league goals for the past TWO months. Where has he been all of June and July? Frankly I expect more from a £3.25m (sic) striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here