Great Forgotten TV Programmes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Juliet Bravo

I watched that for years before I realised Juliet Bravo wasn't the name of the female inspector
:dunce:

Speaking of JB, check out this clip of the closing credits from the horrendously wooden 80s series Howards Way.

YouTube - Howards' Way - the classic jazzy end credits!

I love the surprised (and startlingly un-PC, no pun intended) voice of the continuity announcer, as he says

"Proving that it's possible to be a successful policewoman AND a housewife: next on UKTV drama, it's Juliet Bravo"

:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Tomorrow People.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With all this activity currently going on in Jersey in connection with child abuse in the 1980s, what I don't understand is why they haven't simply rounded up all the friends of Charlie Hungerford. They were responsible for ALL of the crime on the island at the time.

:lolol:

More to the point, can't they just give old Jim Bergerac a call and get him back over from Midsomer? They'd have the case nailed in no time.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
If you're roughly in the 30-35 age catagory, prepare to literally shit yourself...

[yt]e3ztIDFU2P8[/yt]

Chocky was one of my all-time faves as a kid. Absolutely loved it. Man, that clip you just posted sent shivers down my spine all over again. Superb stuff, really chilling.

I don't remember it being on ITV, though. I thought it was a Beeb show.

Chocky's Children was good, too, but never as good as Chocky itself.

Good call, Carrot Cruncher :clap2: :clap2:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
My first ever momory was of a show called 'Land of the Giants' which was about a spaceship that landed on a planet of giants although said planet seemed a lot like Earth!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The Borderers.

Can anyone remember a 70's drama set in Birmingham and a lot to do with drugs? I know it was 'cutting edge' and had a great theme tune, just can't remember anything else?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hawaii Five 0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports