Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Forgotten TV Programmes

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fflhbo79fo

Enjoy........didn't they have the Arabian Knights and the Banana Splits on that programme too?

Banana Splits was a completely separate show to Double Deckers. Arabian Knights was a segment within Banana Splits, as was (for a time) a Three Musketeers cartoon.

They also had a crap live action short series in the middle called Danger Island, which if I recall was always introduced by some stuffed bird (feathered) perched in the corner squawking "Uh-oh... Danger Island's next!"

[yt]z-nY60lYqxM[/yt]

Adam Adamant

This was about an aristocrat moonlighting as a crime-fighter. Bit of a 'Batman' theme, but not cartoon or cartoonish.

Misleading Cases

A comedy with serious overtones, about an eccentric old geezer who would take issues to court. He took his wife to court, on one program. I believe the cases were based on real-life legal loopholes, and they were always fascinating, wry and amusing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hell yes. They had that floating orange character called Wordy, and frequent appearances from kids television LEGEND Derek Griffiths.

Check out this Look & Read song, sung by the aforementioned Griffiths, extolling the virtues of (ahem) "Magic E"

:lolol:

YouTube - Magic E (Look Read)

Not to mention Geordie Racer:

YouTube - BBC Look and Read - Geordie Racer opening titles

And Through The Dragon's Eye:

YouTube - Look Read - Through The Dragon's Eye, Part 1

Cheers Edna :thumbsup:

The YouTube user who posted the Through The Dragon's Eye clips has a great selection of other stuff as well, including Rentaghost, The Demon Headmaster and a personal favourite cartoon from my childhood that I'd forgotten, Around The World With Willy Fog.

:bowdown:

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A list of great but forgotten or never to be repeated TV shows. I remember this one in the late 80's , early 90's and I seem to remember it had a certain Mr Jason Orange from Take That in it. It was on Channel 4 I think.

Killer Net.

QUOTE]

I remember that. I think it was mid-late 90's and it was filmed in Brighon which is why I watched it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Get Stuffed, a five minute cookery show that I used to watch when I got from a nightclub, it was on about 3 a.m. and featured students making recepies with cans of beans and stuff and the masked 'surprise chefs' - it was absolutely mental but great when you were pissed! :lolol:

homepagebook.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Timeslip

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Here's one I guarantee you won't remember and that will never be shown again:

POV (Point of View).

It was an ITV show produced by Greg Dyke when he was a mere boy. May even have been a TVS show. Dreadful worthy early 80's thing where "the kids" had their say about issues of the day. Was a mishmash of stuff including filming in a club I think. Shockingly patronising and bad. I was employed to do some user research - and it was universally disliked and pulled after a few shows.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Justice Game - very good series on BBC

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Get Stuffed, a five minute cookery show that I used to watch when I got from a nightclub, it was on about 3 a.m. and featured students making recepies with cans of beans and stuff and the masked 'surprise chefs' - it was absolutely mental but great when you were pissed! :lolol:

homepagebook.jpg

Fantastic programme. They loved using Pot Noodles and tins of soup a lot, I seem to remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here