Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Forgotten TV Programmes

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Night Network in the mid-80s. Remember that?

Wasn't that the name of the whole night time schedule, but had shows within it with Roland Riveron and The Thunderbirds ?

Anyone for The Adventure Game - Great Uncle the Aspidistre (sp?) Drogna and the Vortex - Top Telly..!

Actually BB2 used to do it for me - Harold Lloyd, Great Egg Race... :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On a TV note, does anyone else remember watching the 'Look And Read' programs at primary school?

I remember one called "Through The Dragon's Eye" and one called "Geordie Racer" but any time I mention them if a conversation wanders onto this topic, people look at me as if I have 3 heads.

Are they actually just figments of my imagination?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
On a TV note, does anyone else remember watching the 'Look And Read' programs at primary school?

I remember one called "Through The Dragon's Eye" and one called "Geordie Racer" but any time I mention them if a conversation wanders onto this topic, people look at me as if I have 3 heads.

I remember 'Look and read' but don't remember those two though I'm sure you didn't imagine them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Now Get Out Of That!" with teams from Oxford and Cambridge Universities building rafts and stuff in the woods :bowdown:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I remember 'Look and read' but don't remember those two though I'm sure you didn't imagine them.

Maybe the ones I mentioned were shown when I was at school, which would explain why you may remember different ones. :)

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Jous son frontierre (probably spelt that wrong), the international version of It's a knockout.
Stewart Hall, Eddie Waring, us against Johnny Foreigner in silly giants outfits, it doesn't get any better than that.

:jester:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hell yes. They had that floating orange character called Wordy, and frequent appearances from kids television LEGEND Derek Griffiths.

Check out this Look & Read song, sung by the aforementioned Griffiths, extolling the virtues of (ahem) "Magic E"

:lolol:

YouTube - Magic E (Look Read)

Not to mention Geordie Racer:

YouTube - BBC Look and Read - Geordie Racer opening titles

And Through The Dragon's Eye:

YouTube - Look Read - Through The Dragon's Eye, Part 1

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, can I also volunteer We Are The Champions, which I think was presented by Ron Pickering?

The school sports day element of most of it was a bit crap, but I always wanted to jump in the pool at the end

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Till Death Us Do part - I dont think todays audience would get the how well Johhny Speight lampooned the East End Bigot . Brilliant show

The racism would not go down well these days either.

Blake's 7. The sets wobbled, Avon was :cool: and Vila was a quality coward. Good looking women and decent (at the time) sci fi stories. Loved it, they should remake and update it.

Oh and the Liberator kicked the Starship Enterprises' arse.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Adult - All Quiet on the Preston Front
It's a knockout
Superstars
Fist of Fun

Kids - The Banana Splits
Rentaghost

There was laso a French programme on Saturday mornings (dubbed) about the Franco-Spanish wars..... three musketeer-type characters... anyone remember the name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here