• Goal

Votes: 262 60.9%
  • No goal

Votes: 168 39.1%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Am I missing the joke here? How can anyone say that's not in or is this a massive 'whooooosh' moment in the making?

What's the joke? If you watch the irrelevant angle it is clearly a goal. If you see the relevant replay and look along the goal line, you can't see the whole goal. I don't get why people don't understand that.

What irritates me is that Sky showed Zola the irrelevant angle and ask him if it is a goal. What's the point in that except to get a reaction?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Who are we to question the linesman anyway? I trust his judgement and am happy to leave it at that

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm liking this thread though, it's a bit like an IQ test. If you can't understand what DJ Leon is explaining pretty well with the aid of pictures then sorry but you've failed :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Goal. But that may have turned our season for the better so I really don't care.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
You're going to have to explain that one to me.

The front angle suggests a goal, but at least you see the whole ball and the Line. The so called side on view(which it's not fully side on) makes the decision incorrect but that's because it's actually ever so slightly front on. Its that angle which is the most misleading

image007.gif

There are excellent pics and diagrams here helpful to any ref.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The 2nd photo is the closest it got to crossing the line. Sky slowed it right down. I promise u I'd say the same if it was us scoring ( of course would be screaming for it in ground!!!) it's not a goal tho simple as that...

Missed you tonight mate- felt like a right **** when I stood up and sung Sheebo Sheebo give us a song and you weren't there!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Goal, but it wasn't a 'goal' goal.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
nogoal.png

(Sorry for the thin lines but) The vertical black line splits the ball down the centre. The horizontal black line shows the same distance either side of the centre, and matches well with where the edge of the ball is. The black line along the goal line is a conservative estimate of where the line is behind the post. And it's still not in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In American Football you only need one or two millimetres of the ball to break the vertical plane of the goal line for a touchdown to be given. In Football the rules of the game state the WHOLE of the ball has to cross the goal line , you cannot award a goal if a few millimetres of the ball are still on the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here