Votes: 262 60.9%
  • No goal

Votes: 168 39.1%

• Total voters

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 22.27.59.png

Credit to @IsaacWBA on Twitter. Can people see why this isn't black and white?!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No goal. The whole of the ball wasn't over the line , goal line technology would have proved a few millimetres of the ball were on the line in a vertical plane

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Thankfully, i have the ability to be objective - i don't let my affiliation to something cloud my judgement. Plus, as we're not in that position there's no way i can be a hypocrite. Thanks for knowing my personality traits though :)

You've made a good point - before now i didn't know how i could lose IQ points by reading something. Thankfully you've proven to me that it is possible. Cheers!

lol, you are being the complete opposite.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When I saw the first replays I thought it was a goal, but the in line camera shows potentially that not quite all the ball was over the line, and so I am going NO goal in line with the laws of the game, but would not have moaned if it had been given the other way.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It wasn't a goal, because in the referee's opinion the ball didn't cross the line.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You can't make a judgement from any of these pictures. You're all trying to make a judgement from a fozen 2 dimentional picture when real life happens in 3 dimensions and is moving - perspective is distorted. The only way you'd know for sure is if the camera was inside the goal frame or you were using the new technology with sensors in the ball.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You don't know the opposite of objective? That is what I was trying to say, clearly.

I know the opposite of objective. I even displayed my understanding by explaining that my opinion would not change if it were the other way around. Did i not show my workings enough for you?

Unfortunately it wasn't that clear, but now we know. It's good to share.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, I can see the god damn grass in between the ball and the line.

From the side or above is bull, as the cross bar makes it look like it isn't when in actual fact it is.

Wrong. According to the rules, no goal. WHOLE of the ball over WHOLE of the line from birds eye view.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
When I saw the first replays I thought it was a goal, but the in line camera shows potentially that not quite all the ball was over the line, and so I am going NO goal in line with the laws of the game, but would not have moaned if it had been given the other way.

The side on shot was not exactly in line with the goal line though. Its a false angle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports