• Total voters

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Definitely NO GOAL
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 21.11.27.png

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It was a goal but luckily for you the lino was unsighted or just fecking inept !

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If the same had happened to us you'd all be saying it's a definite goal, so stop being a bunch of hypocritical *******s, it was a goal, we got away with it, let's move on.

Speak for yourself. Not sure what gives you confidence that it was a definite goal. You understand that a ball can show grass between the line and not be completely over the line?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I just add to the above, those pictures are taken.from a bad angle. The side-on view level the goal line doesn't show the whole ball crossing the line.

No goal. The whole ball didn't cross the line. The commentatotrs should know better and are just trying to save face.

No goal for me, evidence inconclusive, have to be 100% sure

The other shot from side on suggested the ball had not crossed the line entirely.

The sideways view suggested the whole ball had not crossed the line. I don't feel hypocritical.

Thank GOD there are some educated football fans on NSC. Every last millimetre of ball must be over WHOLE LINE and you should be able to see a perfect sphere side on. Definitely not a goal - by about 1cm

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Thank GOD there are some educated football fans on NSC. Every last millimetre of ball must be over WHOLE LINE and you should be able to see a perfect sphere side on. Definitely not a goal - by about 1cm
At what point is that photo taken? The same as the front-on shot or slightly later? Or earlier?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Easier to give the goal than not with the distance of the majority of the ball clearly behind the line, but if the ref / assistant is any doubt, it shouldn't be given.

And happily, it wasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here