Goal or no goal?

• Goal

Votes: 262 60.9%
  • No goal

Votes: 168 39.1%

• Total voters

briref

Aug 12, 2008
halve of people have already made their mind up and will believe it was a goal end off discussion.
and I will probably get stick for defending officials.

but for those who are interested, the 4th official on the brighton v watford game spoke at the recent brighton ra meeting and was asked for his view on the incident.

In the days after the game when key match incidents are discussed and advise given, it was proven no goal had been scored and the decision was correct, and the assistant was hurt by the amount of stick received in the press over a very good call.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
halve of people have already made their mind up and will believe it was a goal end off discussion.
and I will probably get stick for defending officials.

but for those who are interested, the 4th official on the brighton v watford game spoke at the recent brighton ra meeting and was asked for his view on the incident.

In the days after the game when key match incidents are discussed and advise given, it was proven no goal had been scored and the decision was correct, and the assistant was hurt by the amount of stick received in the press over a very good call.

He was hurt? Rightly so, he got it wrong. It was a goal.

:thumbsup:

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
...I'm looking forward to this thread being bounced when we see a Premier League match where, from the main TV camera it looks like a clear goal, but then Hawk-Eye shows that it wasn't.

Lewis Holtby's attempt on goal yesterday:

y6a8ybu9.jpg

Surely only a matter of time before Hawk-Eye comes to the Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here