Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get yer finger out Murray

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Now come on lads lets be fair, he only cost £300,000 are you not expecting a little too much?, mind you its obvious we do need a classy midfielder but its unlikely the necessary cash will be available for another 2/3 years.

1067Seagull

Banned
Jun 27, 2008
I am VERY disappointed with this thread. I had just come to terms with Dean Cox being this season's scapegoat and US changes the rules.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Just got back from a weekend in Yeovil.
Cannot believe there is yert another thread slagging off Murray.
He worked very hard yesterday. Closed things down, chased and harried. Fancied him to get a goal until we went down to 10 and he was moved out to the right.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's not helped really that utter TWATS like those anti-Murray in this thread seem to think it appropriate to slag him off at games.

Yeah, that'll really help him won't it. As we established last season, he is a confidence player, who needs SERVICE, ideally from Cox.

What was it you put on here when I called you a Wanker? Something along the lines of 'insults are used by people who haven't got a strong arguement'. Nice to see you're living by your own rules then. :clap: :bigwave:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Did anyone who is slagging off Murray actually go to the game yesterday? The bloke ran his socks off, won just about everything in the air, but didn't get a chance, let alone a half-chance, all game. The simple reason for that was the absolutely shocking service from midfield. Hopefully Adams will wake up very soon to the fact that Cox is only effective on the RIGHT - playing him on the left is hopeless as he can never get round a defender. Virgo is a top class hoofer, but can't pass to save his life. Thomson runs around a lot but with very little result. There is absolutely zilch creativity at the moment, and to be honest I'm not sure how much longer I can stomach the absolute dross that we are serving up at the moment. The quality of play is the worst I've seen in a long while. And just about the last person you can point the finger at is Murray.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh piss off having a go at one of our best players.

He cost £300,000 for a reason.

If he starts f***ing up chance after chance I might start questioning his ability but the fact of the matter is he doesn't get chance after chance as our midfield is absolute toilet right now.

Instead of getting on his back how about keeping fingers crossed he'll stil be with us this time next year?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did anyone who is slagging off Murray actually go to the game yesterday? The bloke ran his socks off, won just about everything in the air, but didn't get a chance, let alone a half-chance, all game. The simple reason for that was the absolutely shocking service from midfield. Hopefully Adams will wake up very soon to the fact that Cox is only effective on the RIGHT - playing him on the left is hopeless as he can never get round a defender. Virgo is a top class hoofer, but can't pass to save his life. Thomson runs around a lot but with very little result. There is absolutely zilch creativity at the moment, and to be honest I'm not sure how much longer I can stomach the absolute dross that we are serving up at the moment. The quality of play is the worst I've seen in a long while. And just about the last person you can point the finger at is Murray.

Adams banged on about wing play all pre-season........not seen a lot of it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I did go yesterday, & I must say that he indeed wasn't one of our non-performers. The 'service' to the front pair generally revolved around long, hopeful punts up field - so no change there then. We all know (well most supporters anyway) that our lack of creativity going forward lies in poor/non-existent ball-playing quality in midfield, & it doesn't take a genius to realise that both Murray & Forster would be a damn sight more effective with some decent service. I personally don't think Murray is utter bollox, but I think his lack of effort at times - allied to his disinterested-looking body language - don't exactly help endear him to a lot of us. I sincerely hope he makes us doubters look like total mugs, but I personally ain't holding my breath. Oh, & I don't openly slag him off at games, just in case anybody was wondering.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here