Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get yer finger out Murray

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
How many times does this have to be pointed out to the Murray haters. Until we have a decent midfield, you cannot make statements like that, the front two don't get the service, they're not going to score goals. When we get a couple of good midfielders and he still doesn't deliver, fair enough.

Why doesn't anybody have a go at Forster, he's only scored one more league goal in open play (his toal is 4, but 2 of those were penalities). It really annoys me that Murray gets so much stick, all he can do is try his best with the poor service he gets, and that's exactly what he does.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Forster has scored 5 already this season and 19 last season and he tries amd wants to make things happen. Murray does not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Forster has scored 5 already this season and 19 last season and he tries amd wants to make things happen. Murray does not.

Utter bollocks. You don't know the bloke, don't work with him, and don't see how hard he works in training. It is just another NSC witch hunt. There are a few players who are below par this season compared to the end of last year, if we want to make a difference then get behind them instead of taking it in turns to have a character assassination.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Utter bollocks. You don't know the bloke, don't work with him, and don't see how hard he works in training. It is just another NSC witch hunt. There are a few players who are below par this season compared to the end of last year, if we want to make a difference then get behind them instead of taking it in turns to have a character assassination.

Absolutely! It's ridiculous, people latch onto a player that they claim 'never tries, is lazy' and the rest, and continues with this opinion regardless.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I agree with quite a few of the things that US says on here, but I simply cannot agree with this thread!

He is a good player, and he has proven that already in his short career with us. He was superb at times during the latter part of last season. He has started this campaign a little slowly, but give him time! Getting on his back will do nothing for him imo.

He needs and deserves better service, not just from the wingers, but from the entire midfield! It's all well and good blaming wingers, but Murray also requires a better service from the centre of the back as well. He is good at holding the ball up, and can bring others into play by doing so.

Give the lad a break, I firmly believe he WILL come good for us this season.

Also to anyone that says he is lazy, you obviously didn't see him working his arse off for the entire 90 mins yesterday!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another thread that will come back to haunt US who will then start a thread of public apology to Murray.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not hanuted about the Wilkins apology I have told you that. Wilkins did ok alst season and as I thought he may have got us relegated was happy to acknowledge my error. I would be happy to do the same with Murray.

I like pretty much all the rest of the Albion squad but Murray is not my cup of tea.

He may have worked hard Saturday but his work rate this season so far has been shockingly poor.

I like pretty much all the rest of the Albion squad but Murray is not my cup of tea.

So, because he's not your 'cup of tea', you start threads like this which serve no other purpose than to create bad feeling?

You claim to be a supporter so why don't you do just that, support? And if you really don't like a player, rather than make assumptions about his attitude which you clearly have no knowledge of, why not keep your gob shut because, contrary to what some might believe, spouting off on here will have absolutely ZERO impact on Micky Adams or the team he selects.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
So, because he's not your 'cup of tea', you start threads like this which serve no other purpose than to create bad feeling?

You claim to be a supporter so why don't you do just that, support? And if you really don't like a player, rather than make assumptions about his attitude which you clearly have no knowledge of, why not keep your gob shut because, contrary to what some might believe, spouting off on here will have absolutely ZERO impact on Micky Adams or the team he selects.

All true.

But US's opinion is really important and it's vital that he has his say on every issue at the club, and, come to think of it, the entire world.

I'm thinking of having colonic irrigation and I know just who to ask.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've already been through the "lazy" comments and they've clearly been shown to be wrong.

Also.......Heskey anyone? 5 goals in 40-odd games for England but no one would question his inclusion for the Kazakh game if they have a brain and understand what he does OFF the ball. So many people only look at players' performance in number of goals and ON-the-ball play. That is only 50% of football.

Capello said he doesn't like watching football on TV because you only see half the pitch, there's so much happening that doesn't always relate to exactly who is on the ball at that time.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All true.

But US's opinion is really important and it's vital that he has his say on every issue at the club, and, come to think of it, the entire world.

I'm thinking of having colonic irrigation and I know just who to ask.

I will do it for you if you like I have a rusty pipe somewhere.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a discussion forum and I will discuss anything I see fit to discuss if thats all right with you lot :censored:

Murray's goalscoring record and application to the task if up for debate and I am sorry if that upsets all the Murray worhsippers.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
This is a discussion forum and I will discuss anything I see fit to discuss if thats all right with you lot :censored:

Murray's goalscoring record and application to the task if up for debate and I am sorry if that upsets all the Murray worhsippers.

But you do not discuss, you just come out with some fairly left field opinions and then stead fastly refuse to take on board another persons take on that player / situation

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
PIPE DOWN :censored:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
[Quote: Soul Finger View Post

All true.

I'm thinking of having colonic irrigation and I know just who to ask.[/QUOTE]

I will do it for you if you like I have a rusty pipe somewhere.

I was implying that you're full of s**t.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
of which 2 of those were penalties

I've already stated this but I'm sure it gets disregarded as 'they all count' and Forster appears to try harder than Murray, seems to know him better than anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here