NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am hip and trendy though aren't I.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How does it sum it up? I have often been in the minority e.g. I supported McGhee and last week was trying to defend Thomson when a lot of people singled him out. However, it is good to see that the majority of people in this case can see sense rather than getting on the back of one of our best players.

Out of interest, how do you explain his 1 goal every 2 games last season? Luck? You can have a go at Murray all you like, it just amuses me that you decide to single him out and slag him off after a game you did not see.

I could have done that in the 20 games I did see. The only game he delivered was the first one against Crewe.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will still be an immature bastard if I get to 80.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm guessing Robinson is better than Murray because he "runs about a bit" and is a "trier" and "gives 100%" and all that rubbish?

Berbatov
Anelka
Le Tissier

All rubbish.

Whereas:

DIRK KUYT

Is better than all of them put together. Because he "works hard".

Harsh on Robinson. If he could learn to finish I think he'd be quality. I'm aware thats a big if for a striker though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Could you imagine what US and THPP would be saying about Peter Ward every week if NSC had been around in the late 70's, as he wasn't reknowned for running about or tackling back.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Don't understand all this "Murray is good, so that must make Robinson shit" style of arguing on here. I saw a similar argument recently about Forster, where someone suggested that he was a headless chicken purely because he ran around a lot more than Murray.

My personal opinion is that Murray and Forster are perfectly suited to one another, but we are currently lacking a midfield offering them anything even resembling service. Forster is the best all-round footballer we have had at the club since Bobby Zamora, but I think Murray is the classiest player we have at the club right now. Robinson is a very able back-up if either of them get injured. So can we stop all this Murray vs Robinson or Forster vs Murray nonsense. The strikers are NOT the problem at this football club right at this moment!

1066gull

Stop slating the man.

Maybe its because were wasting Murray's talent and not using him to his potential. A bit like Robbie Keane, Benetiz plays him outta position!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't understand all this "Murray is good, so that must make Robinson shit" style of arguing on here. I saw a similar argument recently about Forster, where someone suggested that he was a headless chicken purely because he ran around a lot more than Murray.

My personal opinion is that Murray and Forster are perfectly suited to one another, but we are currently lacking a midfield offering them anything even resembling service. Forster is the best all-round footballer we have had at the club since Bobby Zamora, but I think Murray is the classiest player we have at the club right now. Robinson is a very able back-up if either of them get injured. So can we stop all this Murray vs Robinson or Forster vs Murray nonsense. The strikers are NOT the problem at this football club right at this moment!

Sorry mate, your points are far too lucid and sensible, can I politely refer you to the rules of BINFESTERY and you are therefore YELLOW CARDED.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Could you imagine what US and THPP would be saying about Peter Ward every week if NSC had been around in the late 70's, as he wasn't reknowned for running about or tackling back.

Thats absurd, Ward scored 36 goals in a season. I watched Ward in the late 70's and to compare Ward with Murray is like comparing Kylie Minogue to Jade Goody.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thats absurd, Ward scored 36 goals in a season. I watched Ward in the late 70's and to compare Ward with Murray is like comparing Kylie Minogue to Jade Goody.

Two completely different situations, in Ward's day we weren't playing in a dump like Withdean and we weren't strapped for cash. A truly bad comparrison in every way. In those days we have decent players in all areas most of whom arrived fior a fee. we had hardly had any home grown talent and the only one that stood out was Tony Towner and he was not a regular by any means.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Up yours. I have seen Murray enough times to make a judgement. I am so so sorry if that does not agree with your assessment. Oh lets all just agree on everything and not debate anything about the club, the players, the performances nothing.

Murray is the only player in the entire squad I am not sure about and I only asked him to pull his finger out, if Murray reads this and goes crying to his Mummy he needs to grow a thicker skin. Are players above an kind of criticism ?, what a dangerous road to go down.

Elphick is my favourite Albion player and I like Cox, Hart and the others El Pres alluded to.

I am 99% supportive of the manager, directors and team at the moment.

I have seen dozens of strikers come and go in my 35 years supporting the team, some I loved, some I liked , some I did not rate very much.

So I will raise your Prat to a Wanker.

Your only unsure about Murray? At least for now this player does not have a history of injury like some of the other additions to the squad. I am guessing in those 35 years you only liked the strikers who ran around in a pointless manner. From what i have seen from Murray, his positioning and shape when receiving the ball is good, he regularly makes a yard for himself and awareness of players around him is generally good. He does have a problem however of watching the line at times, but I am sure Forster has been caught offside on numerous occasions this year.

Also do not right of his goals contribution last year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Harsh on Robinson. If he could learn to finish I think he'd be quality. I'm aware thats a big if for a striker though.

You know full well I am a supporter of Robinson. My point was that Uncle Spielberg clearly doesn't like "lazy" players.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Stop slating the man.

Maybe its because were wasting Murray's talent and not using him to his potential. A bit like Robbie Keane, Benetiz plays him outta position!

How is Murray being played out of position? Apart from the closing stages of the Yeovil game?

The fact is, most strikers at this level do go through periods of goal droughts, but Murray is not just about goals. It is frustrating seeing the strikers receiving the ball and a poorly positioned midfield who seem incapable or unwilling to buzz about on the edge of the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports