Free Tickets X3 For Burnley (with conditions)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Just out of interest: what would happen if some of the lucky WINNERS inhabiting Sky's sofa were to simulate an act of sexual congress taking place on it during a game? An act clearly visible to the TV cameras?

I think we'd be targeted by some Jimmy Savillesque chants in the future if that were to happen.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A lot of things irritate me, mostly because I'm a grump little b*****d, but every now and then something crops up that actually winds me up. This is one of them.

The sheer nerve of a company that routinely f**ks football fans over by changing fixtures around, more than often than not to a time and date that makes it an unmanageable trip to many, thinking that a cheap and incredibly transparent bit of marketing will make us go "Oh, Sky, you really do love us!"

If they want to start doing things for the fans how about they stop moving games around or, at the very least, consider the time and money involved in some of these journeys. Both us and Middlesbrough have got horrendous trips ahead of us to make the away trips this season.

In a few years time, whilst the money in football is still climbing seemingly unable to reach its zenith, home fans will look at the away ends and wonder where everyone is, where did people go? And the answer? We're all at home streaming the game because going away has become prohibitively expensive for the vast majority.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really disappointed someone appears to have actually taken up this risible offer. Unless of course there will be some sort of protest from the sofa, in which case fair play.

Fully intending to go if this was a saturday fixture but a sunday lunchtime is just too inconvenient for me. my new ground this week will the Enclosed Ground at Whitehawk rather than Turf Moor.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If any of our fans were to stage a direct protest, by way of smashing this crappy set to pieces, and if subsequently Sky were to choose to be :tosser: about it and claim damages against them, then I hereby happily pledge the first £10 towards their costs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If any of our fans were to stage a direct protest, by way of smashing this crappy set to pieces, and if subsequently Sky were to choose to be :tosser: about it and claim damages against them, then I hereby happily pledge the first £10 towards their costs.

The only redemption any Brighton fan on that sofa would have in my eyes is if Burnley scored, they immediately got up and TRASHED the set, TWATTED a steward with the lamp, and LUZZED the table onto the pitch.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Count me in for a tenner as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've not read the whole thread but I missed being contacted by the company involved in this a few hours before this thread was started, so presumably at the same time as the OP.

I highlighted this thread and that perhaps it wasn't getting the desired response, and I was told that some fans had been found. Looking forward to seeing them...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Makes you wonder how many extra stewards/coppers Burnley are having to pay for to protect against this very eventuality.

More money dicked out of people by Sky.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's extremely WHITE and CLEAN looking so a bit of graffiti would look SUPERB on it.

Please someone take a spray can or two and daub FVCK OFF SKY on the wall.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 688

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Making away days better" - how did someone/people arrive at that as an appropriate phrase for this stunt?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A lot of things irritate me, mostly because I'm a grump little b*****d, but every now and then something crops up that actually winds me up. This is one of them.

The sheer nerve of a company that routinely f**ks football fans over by changing fixtures around, more than often than not to a time and date that makes it an unmanageable trip to many, thinking that a cheap and incredibly transparent bit of marketing will make us go "Oh, Sky, you really do love us!"

If they want to start doing things for the fans how about they stop moving games around or, at the very least, consider the time and money involved in some of these journeys. Both us and Middlesbrough have got horrendous trips ahead of us to make the away trips this season.

In a few years time, whilst the money in football is still climbing seemingly unable to reach its zenith, home fans will look at the away ends and wonder where everyone is, where did people go? And the answer? We're all at home streaming the game because going away has become prohibitively expensive for the vast majority.

When it was announced that this fixture was rearranged there was a few posters on here who were pleased it had been moved and were quite smug that they could now watch the game. They are exactly the kind of fan sky wants. They probably even refer to Tim Lovejoy as a "total ledge".

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I really thought this was a wind up, how could Sky be that stupid to think this was a good idea but I have been proven wrong. The whole idea is an insult to supporters up and down the country and takes the pi55 another nail in the coffin of football as a game for the common man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports