Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Tickets X3 For Burnley (with conditions)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't have a problem with it as it part of the reason the ticket is so cheap in the first place. Saves us hundreds of pounds a season even if a few tickets go to waste.

Southern have a good system in place now where any advance tickets purchased online through their website, where you choose to collect tickets at the station ticket machines, can be refunded if you don't actually collect the tickets. Luckily I haven't had to try that yet, but if every other rail company chose to do this as well it would help.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I would do it just because I like free stuff, we were going to pay on the gate. Me and my mate Phil are going with our two under tens. So the condition would have to be that they squeeze us all on said sofa. My Josh could sit on my knee or on the arm of the sofa. We've both done stand up (as a double act) for years. I've done live radio and TV. I'm 47 and have supported Brighton for over 30 years.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not if its an advanced ticket e.g. for that exact train. Thats where you can get big discounts (mine were about £20 Euston to Burnley) but you run the risk if its moved as they are non refundable. So ive got some completely useless train tickets sitting in my wallet for a saturday journey to Burnely :tantrum:

Could take the opportunity to go and view some cheap properties ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hi all,

I have been contacted by Sky Sports to get some Albion fans involved in a bit of activity on Sunday.

They are trying to make football better for fans (?) and they want to look after 3 of you on Sunday at the match because you've travelled so far to see us draw 0-0 or whatever.

This include;

- Free tickets
- Watch the game on a sofa in the away end
- Get fresh pizza delivered to you at half time

Sky want to film it for some little bits and bobs too but more details to people who are interested.

DM me with your mobile number and your name and I'll pass on to the marketing firm who are trying to sort it. They seem like a nice bunch.

Cheers,

Sam

:lolol:
Excellent work , best wind up thread for ages.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would do it just because I like free stuff, we were going to pay on the gate. Me and my mate Phil are going with our two under tens. So the condition would have to be that they squeeze us all on said sofa. My Josh could sit on my knee or on the arm of the sofa. We've both done stand up (as a double act) for years. I've done live radio and TV. I'm 47 and have supported Brighton for over 30 years.

I thought the Chuckle Brothers supported Rotherham :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
sky-bet-fan-lounge-turf-moor_3379065.jpg

Three lifelong Brighton fans will be sitting comfortably this Sunday, when they take their seats in the ‘Sky Bet Lounge’ at Burnley's Turf Moor.

An area of away terracing inside Burnley's home has been kitted out to look exactly the same as a living room, complete with sofas, a TV, bookshelves and even an Xbox - as Sky Bet continue to make away days better.

Father and sons Andy, Courtney and Charlie Gresty will be the first to take their seats in the home away from home, for the Burnley clash.

Sky Bet spokesperson Edwin Martin said: "We're delighted to be making the 600-mile round trip better for our special guests by letting them watch the game from the comfort of our own front room!

"We've kitted the lounge out with everything they'll need to make their match-day experience really special. Let's hope the game delivers a footballing treat for them too!"

Brighton fan Andy Gresty said: "We've travelled all over the country watching the Seagulls, but I can honestly say we've never watched the game from a living room inside a stadium.

"There's nothing quite like being at a Brighton game and watching the action from a sofa at Turf Moor is going to bring a whole new meaning to the term 'armchair fan'."

Burnley manager Sean Dyche said: "It's going to be very strange to have a fully kitted out living room situated in the David Fishwick Stand.

"However, we pride ourselves on our hospitality, and this is a great addition from Sky Bet, which I'm sure the away supporters will really enjoy."
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...nge?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:sick:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
No doubt Burnley will shift some 'restricted view' tickets for anyone sitting behind that ****ing monstrosity.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
In and of itself it's actually just a harmless piece of Sky bullshit which I'd happily ignore, or shrug off. So it's not the fact that it's tinpot that bothers me. The thing that sticks in the craw is that it's so obviously at odds with Sky's treatment of away fans, and is a cynically explicit PR exercise to counter that.

Hence I'm even more glad glad that I'm NICKING the game for free rather than paying Sky for it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What a load of crap

Perhaps someone should have a dump on it? It would be stand out nicely on that white faux leather.

Or take a big permanent marker with you, and add a message to Sky on it?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
What a fantastic gesture from Sky, they really are a great company and have, almost singlehandedly, saved football and given it to the people for (almost) free.
I would gladly sell my house and everything in it if it helped them to make football even better (if that's even possible).
Those of you moaning about train tickets should think yourself lucky that your sacrifice has allowed millions of benefit claimants to watch the game.

Your not Mr Tully of Sidcup are you?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Just out of interest: what would happen if some of the lucky WINNERS inhabiting Sky's sofa were to simulate an act of sexual congress taking place on it during a game? An act clearly visible to the TV cameras?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here