Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Tickets X3 For Burnley (with conditions)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
What an absolute load of grade-A, steaming, festering, rancid elephant-spunk.

An absolute DISGRACE from Sky.

But it is screaming out for some Hiney Art.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
At least it looks like they've replaced the wooden seats at last.

image.jpeg

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Just out of interest: what would happen if some of the lucky WINNERS inhabiting Sky's sofa were to simulate an act of sexual congress taking place on it during a game? An act clearly visible to the TV cameras?

If only it had a glass table

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's the Skybet lounge rather than Sky - Skybet are no longer owned by Sky believe it or not so it could quite as easily be the Paddy Power lounge.

Ignoring the semantics , the 3 bell cheeses who've taken up the offer should be mercilessly abused for 90 minutes. It's the worst idea since Jar Jar Binks.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When it was announced that this fixture was rearranged there was a few posters on here who were pleased it had been moved and were quite smug that they could now watch the game. They are exactly the kind of fan sky wants. They probably even refer to Tim Lovejoy as a "total ledge".

I was one of those, but apologise for my ignorance. I wasn't aware so many had lost out on their travel.

Listening to the radio on Saturday at 3pm, without an Albion match, is just not the same either.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Okay, so, what would be the tipping point for anyone to sit on that sofa and be humiliated on TV, ridiculing yourself, your fellow fans and football as a whole...

Let's assume transport is included.

£100....£500....£1000....£1500....a new Porsche? ???

What would be your selling your soul threshold?

Good question.

I'd have to be desperate for money or attention to agree to do it. Even if it was huge amount I'd always worry that people would be looking at me and be thinking 'loser'.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Don't really see the fuss about it, to be honest. Yes, it's a bit of gimic from the marketing people at SkyBet, but don't really get the anger towards the fans who have decided to take this offer up.

As it happens, I know them. In fact, the dad is a regular poster on here. They're an incredibly nice bunch, all STHs and go to most away games anyway.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They're an incredibly nice bunch, all STHs and go to most away games anyway.

I'm sure they are, and my personal anger is not towards them but towards SKY.

Read the link that 8ace has posted. The bloke from SKY saying how they're trying hard to make away days better for fans. What a load of b@@@ocks.

Tell that to the fans who had already bought rail tickets, booked hotel rooms etc. for the Saturday.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm sure they are, and my personal anger is not towards them but towards SKY.

Read the link that 8ace has posted. The bloke from SKY saying how they're trying hard to make away days better for fans. What a load of b@@@ocks.

Tell that to the fans who had already bought rail tickets, booked hotel rooms etc. for the Saturday.

Agreed, it is a total irony to choose this game to promote that message given that it was moved quite late in the day.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Knowing this:
As it happens, I know them. In fact, the dad is a regular poster on here.

Make reading posts like these all the funnier.

I hope those that go make life unbearably unpleasant for any irony free cockwombles who who accept Sky's pieces of silver.

Ignoring the semantics , the 3 bell cheeses who've taken up the offer should be mercilessly abused for 90 minutes. It's the worst idea since Jar Jar Binks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't really see the fuss about it, to be honest. Yes, it's a bit of gimic from the marketing people at SkyBet, but don't really get the anger towards the fans who have decided to take this offer up.

As it happens, I know them. In fact, the dad is a regular poster on here. They're an incredibly nice bunch, all STHs and go to most away games anyway.

I'm sure they are a nice bunch and I have no problem with them, only Sky. I don't know the fans that have agreed to this.
I'm sure if the Brighton fans changed their minds and decided to not sit on the sofa, they would get the respect of everyone.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm sure they are a nice bunch and I have no problem with them, only Sky. I don't know the fans that have agreed to this.
I'm sure if the Brighton fans changed their minds and decided to not sit on the sofa, they would get the respect of everyone.

This .

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Or the dad could decide not to sit on the sofa and let the kids have it to themselves. Nobody should then direct any abuse towards them and as a betting-generated marketing ploy Sky would only have footage/images of children to use, which would be of no marketing use to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here