Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Tickets X3 For Burnley (with conditions)

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Hi all,

I have been contacted by Sky Sports to get some Albion fans involved in a bit of activity on Sunday.

They are trying to make football better for fans (?) and they want to look after 3 of you on Sunday at the match because you've travelled so far to see us draw 0-0 or whatever.

This include;

- Free tickets
- Watch the game on a sofa in the away end
- Get fresh pizza delivered to you at half time

Sky want to film it for some little bits and bobs too but more details to people who are interested.

DM me with your mobile number and your name and I'll pass on to the marketing firm who are trying to sort it. They seem like a nice bunch.

Cheers,

Sam

They have probably pushed together some of those padded seats that were still there in the former director's box.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'd rather pay. As indeed I already have.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I cancelled my sky subscription because of this game. I had booked rail tickets . When they contacted me to try and convince me to stay, I told the woman the reason and she basically said "Oh Well"! I ****ing hate Sky!
The main reason why I cancelled all sports as to be fair I'm only interested in BHA live games and they're few and far between and we have streams if necessary.
Have no interest in prem matches either:smile:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay, so, what would be the tipping point for anyone to sit on that sofa and be humiliated on TV, ridiculing yourself, your fellow fans and football as a whole...

Let's assume transport is included.

£100....£500....£1000....£1500....a new Porsche? ???

What would be your selling your soul threshold?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What a fantastic gesture from Sky, they really are a great company and have, almost singlehandedly, saved football and given it to the people for (almost) free.
I would gladly sell my house and everything in it if it helped them to make football even better (if that's even possible).
Those of you moaning about train tickets should think yourself lucky that your sacrifice has allowed millions of benefit claimants to watch the game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'll take them but ONLY if they provide half and half scarves too*....

* in other words, go #}$* yourself Sky!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Cringeworthy marketing horseshit. When I saw they had a 'fan sofa' at the Valley was amazed that anyone could think that it would be a good idea...

The sofa was noticeably absent at the last home game. I think they might have belatedly realised how stupid an idea it was (the "stick your effing sofa up your arse" chants were a clue). Still, it's obviously inspired the geniuses at Sky to follow suit... *sigh*

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely those who booked train tickets can get a refund or transfer to an earlier train? (I am genuinely asking as surely a company like rail services offer this?). Sky really are a joke moving this one so early though...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A sofa, what a bunch of ***** seriously. I have never once thought, do you know what would improve my away day experiance a nice ****ing sofa.

Sky not understanding football since the 90's

i half remember going to bury in the 80`s,being more than worse for wear i curled up on the terrace and had a kip for 90 mins.before the return drinking phase.

i think in fairness a sofa would have greatly improved my matchday experience on that particular occassion.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Whilst I already have tickets booked, I am slightly eyebrow raised over the football snobbery. If a family or a few individuals wished to take this up, then what is the problem?

As far as Sky are concerned, I will not ever give them a bean as there are many alternative viewing options in a multitude of picture qualities.

If I didn't already have a ticket, a viable option it might well be. A comfy seat, nosh and a giggle. Still get some grizzled vintage fan of 50 years or some hirsute hipster saying 'we stand where we like mate' stood right in front anyhow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here