Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

Feb 14, 2010
Not to throw a hissy fit but this is a f***ing dire situation for us, our club, our history & our local community.

I understand a bit of rivalry, I'm old enough to recognise Brighton as our rivals, not f***ing Charlton & the fact that some of you are exstatic about what's happening to us, the fans, rather than Simon Jordan getting fisted with an asbestos glove is shameful & I really hope that you do not go through this.

dont want to be funny mate but come back after you have ground shared 140 mile trip from your area, then spent god knows how many years with no roof and playing against hartlepool and yeovil.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Not very many is it? Not being unkind or taking the piss but 150 people is pretty poor.

Especially when theyre all kids on study leave thinking theyre cool being caught on camera with a tin in their hand.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not to throw a hissy fit but this is a f***ing dire situation for us, our club, our history & our local community.

I understand a bit of rivalry, I'm old enough to recognise Brighton as our rivals, not f***ing Charlton & the fact that some of you are exstatic about what's happening to us, the fans, rather than Simon Jordan getting fisted with an asbestos glove is shameful & I really hope that you do not go through this.

We've been through this. Trust me, Half-time at Hereford in 97 was not a nice place to be. I'll be honest, matey. I'm gobsmacked that Palace fans haven't got their arses in gear sooner on this one. Did you picket the football league? Did you picket HBOS? Where's the publicity stunts? Where's the high-profile supporters? Where's the petitions and the letter-writing? The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Too many of your lot seem to have their head in the sand. Too little, too late.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We've been through this. Trust me, Half-time at Hereford in 97 was not a nice place to be. I'll be honest, matey. I'm gobsmacked that Palace fans haven't got their arses in gear sooner on this one. Did you picket the football league? Did you picket HBOS? Where's the publicity stunts? Where's the high-profile supporters? Where's the petitions and the letter-writing? The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Too many of your lot seem to have their head in the sand. Too little, too late.

Don't give them ideas. I don't want to see Jo Brand giving an emotional speech outside of Selhurst Park thank you very much

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But the condition is that they guarantee - by tomorrow afternoon - that they can find the funds to buy Selhurst.

The problem is that the guarantee required can ONLY be achieved if they devise a business plan that will only work if Selhust is priced at its development value.

Have I missed something then? Do they not have the option just to save the club without buying Selhurst. It may be preferable and it may not be what they want but the people who want to save the club are not in a position to dictate terms ?

Feb 14, 2010
Have I missed something then? Do they not have the option just to save the club without buying Selhurst. It may be preferable and it may not be what they want but the people who want to save the club are not in a position to dictate terms ?

The quote from CPFC was saying the sticking point was the division of profits after the sale of selhurst. they worded it differently but that was the long and the short of it. I posted about that a while back.:glare:

uncategorized-violins.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You too? This has been puzzling me also. Consortium love the club - it's clear they are the only people interested in saving it - if they don't take over the club it goes under (probably tomorrow) - yet they are trying to force the hand of the party who hold all the chips.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Too many of your lot seem to have their head in the sand. Too little, too late.[/QUOTE
You lot don't get it do you.Who the f*** should we have demonstrated against.As for the 150 that is how many got through the gates after breaking the lock before the police put a line in front.There was at least 6-700 there.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
I know that precedent says that big clubs don't go under and I don't expect Palarse will be the first to break the rule but does no-one else think that sentiment towards clubs in trouble is changing? Just looking at this as an example, reaction seems to be a great big shrug of indifference, mixed with some resentment at the way clubs do bounce back from debt caused by overspending. If people just stop caring about clubs in trouble, or even begin to think that a big club needs to go extinct in order to set an example what's to say that we won't get one? If public opinion has changed I wonder when events will catch up? Sooner or later I think there's going to have to be a big casualty to wake people up to the awful way football's being run in this country. I just hope its not Palace - hating them is part of being the Albion.

Feb 14, 2010
The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Too many of your lot seem to have their head in the sand. Too little, too late.[/QUOTE
You lot don't get it do you.Who the f*** should we have demonstrated against.As for the 150 that is how many got through the gates after breaking the lock before the police put a line in front.There was at least 6-700 there.

la la land. not exactly brighton v york is it. If you are too young to remember it look it up on youtube or something. that my friend caught the national and international headlines. Was the first news item on 6 oclock news

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
I dont think demonstrations will make a blind bit of difference to our situation,it is all about hard cash.For months we seem to have been drip fed misleading bits of information.
For 34 years I have been following CPFC paying at the gate and buying season tickets,I did this expecting my money to be used in a viable and honourable way.Sadly this has not been the case.
Market forces will decide whether CPFC survive or not,I will be devastated if we do not survive,but life can be cruel and if we do not survive life will go on all be it with an important part missing.

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
Lets be honest here, when the boot was on the other foot when we was in dire did palace want us to pull through did they f!!k, so why should we feel sorry for them and why cant thier mr.jordon bail them out as he always makes out he is mr.super rich the twat, let them go under theres other clubs that have gone out of the league due to relegation but are not skint like palace, bring back darlington and relegate palace i say

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

As I posted earlier...you picket HBOS, you picket Agilo, you picket the football league, you get a load of fans and park your arses at the gates of number 10 Downing Street. You try and get a big f*** off banner to get unveiled at the England game yesterday. You get celebrity Palace fans to come out and raise the profile of your plight.

You march through Croydon and try and get local politicians and media to try and help. You petition other football league club boards to get fans to support you. But if you can't organise a piss-up in a brewery then you decide to have your first demo one day before you are threatened with a winding-up order.

I'm the one who doesn't get it? You're club is facing extinction, matey.

To paraphrase Dylan Thomas - Go not gently into that dark night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Feb 14, 2010
I dont think demonstrations will make a blind bit of difference to our situation,it is all about hard cash.For months we seem to have been drip fed misleading bits of information.
For 34 years I have been following CPFC paying at the gate and buying season tickets,I did this expecting my money to be used in a viable and honourable way.Sadly this has not been the case.
Market forces will decide whether CPFC survive or not,I will be devastated if we do not survive,but life can be cruel and if we do not survive life will go on all be it with an important part missing.

agreed but to keep selhurst you need a consortium bothered about the club and not negotiating the division of profits on the sle of selhurst. palace cant afford sehurst now, so they have to move out, then start again, just like the albion, although we could afford the goldstone but we were asset stripped instead of like palace spending he cash to stay in the higher divisions

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You lot don't get it do you.Who the f*** should we have demonstrated against.

I think it's definitely you who doesn't get it. Your club has been on the brink for how long? When it all started happening would have been the time to start your activities-not the day before a decision is to be made.

Who the f*** should you have demonstrated against? The FA, The FL, the administrators, HBOS/Lloyds for starters. You've had nearly a year to gain publicity and momentum for what-6 or 700 at SP today of which a large number were more interested in singing "WE 'ate Millwall" rather than listen to the woman with the info.

You won't go out of business but it won't be because of your fans' efforts-other than the consortium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here