Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
la la land. not exactly brighton v york is it. If you are too young to remember it look it up on youtube or something. that my friend caught the national and hat we have a target.international headlines. Was the first news item on 6 oclock news

Listen I will speak slowly.We have been on the verge of being taken over.So why rock the boat.It has only been the last couple of hours that things have gone tits up.As for brighton v york well done ,you hero.
Carry on wcp I am sure you did f*** all personally.:glare:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Too many of your lot seem to have their head in the sand. Too little, too late.[/QUOTE
You lot don't get it do you.Who the f*** should we have demonstrated against.As for the 150 that is how many got through the gates after breaking the lock before the police put a line in front.There was at least 6-700 there.

:lol:
Pathetic support from a pathetic club.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Here we go again. Brighton fans getting on their high horses because we saved our club in completeld different circumstances.

What can be done? Palace need a buyer. Protesting isn't going to find them one.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. It's pathetic. Just because our fans succeeded in getting rid of Archer and Bellotti, does not mean every other club needs to replicate all the different protests we used, and it doesn't give our fans the right to get all high and mighty about other teams protesting decisions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But the condition is that they guarantee - by tomorrow afternoon - that they can find the funds to buy Selhurst.

The problem is that the guarantee required can ONLY be achieved if they devise a business plan that will only work if Selhust is priced at its development value.

im not sure i follow. isnt it the case CPFC 2010 can buy the club as is? isnt it their position they are only interested in buying the club if they can also buy the ground from the third party? why would the club owner or the ground freeholder be concerned with a business plan that includes the other?

it stinks of PR. can anyone in the know say if they've heard of a "anti-embaressment" clause? i can perfectly understand the banks position, they have to maximise the potential returns, not sell the ground as a football pitch priced for £10m, only to see the owner sell the ground as retail develpoment for £20m. the bank apparently have reason to believe this is likly. the clause i'd thought would simply have been to retain an interest in the property and a split of any future profits from the sale ( i dont believe they'd ask for share on all football related revenue/profits). the fact CPFC 2010 are not willing to meet this, one has to wonder if that is in fact their plan: buy the ground, sell and move elsewhere.

or have i missed somthing?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Listen I will speak slowly.We have been on the verge of being taken over.So why rock the boat.It has only been the last couple of hours that things have gone tits up.As for brighton v york well done ,you hero.
Not to mention we had 10,000 people marching along the parade for falmer to go ahead.

so suck on that bitch:lolol:

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
We've been through this. Trust me, Half-time at Hereford in 97 was not a nice place to be. I'll be honest, matey. I'm gobsmacked that Palace fans haven't got their arses in gear sooner on this one. Did you picket the football league? Did you picket HBOS? Where's the publicity stunts? Where's the high-profile supporters? Where's the petitions and the letter-writing? The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Too many of your lot seem to have their head in the sand. Too little, too late.

Why should we have?

We've had assurance that everything was going swimmingly. We've had no information to detract from this. Even our Administrator has said on SSN this afternoon that he's been complacent because everything has pretty much been agreed & then we get hit with this news.

There's been a total lack of transparency, why get involved when it seems that CPFC2010 look like they've got it all tied up & ready to go.

Who do we protest against? Agilo who have accepted an offer? Lloyds/HBOS who have apparantly accepted an offer for the stadium? Simon Jordan for being the c*nt who said he wouldn't stand in the way of a CVA?

If we had been kept in the loop then we would possibly, as fans, had a strategy.

I'm beyond the point of trying to think rationally. In less than 24 hours OUR club could start the process of being liquidated. What the f*ck are we, as fans, supposed to do? Chip in to buy the ground? Donate a few quid to save the club? Please tell me oh Mr f*cking Financial Advisor because your opinion realy matters.

Feb 14, 2010
Here we go again. Brighton fans getting on their high horses because we saved our club in completeld different circumstances.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. It's pathetic. Just because our fans succeeded in getting rid of Archer and Bellotti, does not mean every other club needs to replicate all the different protests we used, and it doesn't give our fans the right to get all high and mighty about other teams protesting decisions.

envy my friend is a terrible thing. You are too young to have got the battle scars of the civil war, but be proud of the generation above you. hey are why Brighton are a propr club and palace are just a bunch of Nigels

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Absolute nonsense. You've known for some time that Selhurst Park was the sticking point and that the bank would likely play hardball over that. In the meantime, you don't sit on your hands and hope that everything turns out okay. You try and get as much publicity as possible to apply pressure on the bank to support the deal the consortium want. And you do that with petitions, demos, pickets...

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

Someone with a bit of sense.Nobody has nicked our ground,that happened years ago under Noades and as we were relatively successful nobody gave a shit.It's just wch trying to show his anarchic credentials.:bla:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why should we have?

We've had assurance that everything was going swimmingly. We've had no information to detract from this. Even our Administrator has said on SSN this afternoon that he's been complacent because everything has pretty much been agreed & then we get hit with this news.

There's been a total lack of transparency, why get involved when it seems that CPFC2010 look like they've got it all tied up & ready to go.

Who do we protest against? Agilo who have accepted an offer? Lloyds/HBOS who have apparantly accepted an offer for the stadium? Simon Jordan for being the c*nt who said he wouldn't stand in the way of a CVA?

If we had been kept in the loop then we would possibly, as fans, had a strategy.

I'm beyond the point of trying to think rationally. In less than 24 hours OUR club could start the process of being liquidated. What the f*ck are we, as fans, supposed to do? Chip in to buy the ground? Donate a few quid to save the club? Please tell me oh Mr f*cking Financial Advisor because your opinion realy matters.
I feel for you bud,so i will go get a coffee put my feet up and reflect on the situation.:wink:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
f*** it. You lot know best, eh? You just sit on your arses and watch your club go under and tell yourselves that you did EVERYTHING possible to stop it.
Perhaps you would not have lost your ground in the first place if you had turned up in the first place rather than sitting on your arses while the crowds declined.
f*** it I can't be bothered with idiots.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Perhaps you would not have lost your ground in the first place if you had turned up in the first place rather than sitting on your arses while the crowds declined.
What do you expect when you look for sympathy from your rivals:D
Go on the millwall site and try them:smile:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

It's the fact that they "organise" a big vigil at Selhurst and a few hundred people turn up, it's hardly a resounding backing of their club is it? No it may not do anything but it would have given their situation a lot of publicity and may well have got the attention of Downing Street. But they've missed the boat big style

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne

Palace attendances are a bit shit though to be fair.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
scha·den·freu·de (shädn-froid)
n. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[German : Schaden, damage (from Middle High German schade, from Old High German scado) + Freude, joy (from Middle High German vreude, from Old High German frewida, from fr, happy).]

Lousy foreigners. This is England!!

Epicaricacy
/ep"-i-kar-ik'-i-see/ taking pleasure in another's misfortune

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
The day before you are possibly wound-up and this is your first major demo....and 150 of you turn up.

Oh dear :facepalm:

150 people broke into the ground. Over 1000 attended the demo. You should probably get your facts right before shouting about how pathetic we are on a message board. As for too little too late, that's because we've been kept completely in the dark over this whole thing. We've had little idea over who's to blame, who's a part of this consortium or what's hindering the takeover. Today was the first time we actually gained any idea of what's going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here