Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just like the england squad announcement, you don't think thy're trying to lessen the negative reaction by hiding it in the news cycle, do you? I think the news of a championship club going into liquidation should trump the squad announcement for news agencies, given that there's another ten days in which we can discuss and analyse thge squad before it even becomes relevant. The collapse of a club is much bigger news.

Or it could be that a deal is nearly done and they just need another hour to cross the 'T's and dot the... lower case 'J's

Or it could then get put back until tomorrow afternoon...then again... ad infinitum..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Things that are more likely to happen today than CPFC commencing liquidation proceedings:

Number 1.

flying_pigs.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Things that are more likely to happen today than CPFC commencing liquidation proceedings:

Number 2.

271302326RrzKvs_ph.jpg

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Surprise surprise. From the BBC...

Crystal Palace liquidation threat on hold

The deadline for the sale of Crystal Palace has passed, but the Championship club still hope to avoid liquidation.
Consortium CPFC 2010 were given until 1500 BST on Tuesday to seal a deal and have agreed terms to buy the club.
But the group did not want to proceed without securing Selhurst Park and negotiations with Bank of Scotland, who are selling the ground, had stalled.
However administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has now indicated that talks over the stadium are progressing.

orpingtoneagle

Mar 19, 2010
No, I don't expect anything dramatic at all to happen.

I expect the CPFC 2010 people to carry on with their bid, having had their amateur dramatics over the ground fully exposed for the bluff which they so obviously are.

I expect Crystal Palace FC to carry on trading, maybe with the sale of a few players - such is life.

I think this whole "deadline" thing is an utter sham, blatantly designed to whip up the fans into a frenzy and perhaps generate a few more interested parties.

100 % accurate

Ron Noades, Mark Goldberg, Simon Jordan and now this bunch :US:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agreement in Principle has been reached but there are a few sticking points-whatever that means

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here