Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its going to take a lot longer than 24 hours for them to get their carers to write a letter for them.

Even then they have to sign it and that could take another week.

Then theres the cost of the stamp to find

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Laughable attempt. They should have been lobbying the bank and their mps weeks ago. The ideal scenario for me is that they scrape through to the new season, dont get a cva and get the -17 point penalty, but manage to just about get on an even keel to survive. Is that even a possibility a this stage?

If they go bust how long till they could realisticly get back into the football league? 6 years?

Depends on what League they are put in. Likely a county league side. Anyway, that wont happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dickhead. Do you not realise that this will be it, the end of the club, oblivion?

Like we've never been down the same road and faced the same threats??

Would you settle for playing your home games 70 odd miles from Selhurst just to survive? Don't worry you won't get it THAT bad, but I am looking forward to some schaudenfreude.

I don't think we have been down the same road. The Palace predicament is that not only do they have to find a Dick Knight to save the football club, their Dick Knight has to find the equivalent of enough money to out-bid Chartwell's subsequent bid for the Goldstone site.

All because of conditions laid down by the bankers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think we have been down the same road. The Palace predicament is that not only do they have to find a Dick Knight to save the football club, they have to find enough money to out-bid Chartwell's subsequent bid for the Goldstone site.
QUOTE]

No they just need to find a Dick Knight with a bit more money and another League club to let them play their home games. If they manage to keep Selhurst as well, they will be far far better off than we have been for 10+ years.

Aren't there loads of spivvy Sarf Londoners who've made dodgy fortunes who could help out, they've had a couple already haven't they?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In that second video I couldn't help thinking of Life of Brian when the voice from the back yelled "How do we do it"?

On a more serious note-how many turned up today?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All because of conditions laid down by the bankers.

A football club should not be immune from basic business and contract law. They shouldn't be allowed to spend other people's money with impunity, pay nuppence in the pound and then start all over again (Leeds? Southampton?)

The blame for this doesn't lie at the door of the bankers. In a nutshell, the Palace Board have brought this on themselves.

Well done Agent Jordan...or can we call you Agent Orange? (Did you see what I did there? That's quite clever. Think I'll use that again sometime.)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Why was the spokesperson suggesting they need to write to Lloyds, when the news is reporting that the ground was owned by Bank of Scotland??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Video footage of the demo today (I kid you not).

[yt]zg5nO_w0mAE[/yt]

Piss up. Brewery.

And here's another with someone with a megaphone. I can't really tell but is it a woman? A man? An 8 year old boy?

[yt]YhY9hZKphD8[/yt]

All too little, too late. Goodbye Selhurst, Hello Priestfield Gypsy Camp.

Why us there always a short grey haired lesbian with a megaphone at these rallys?

I love the calls of "but who's going to fund the club if CPFC 2010 pull out?"

Answer: "Write to LLoyds...LLoyds who we own...and insist that they accept the offer"...f*** me love...the letter wont get there until after the deadline...stupid bint.

No they just need to find a Dick Knight and another League club to let them play their home games. If they manage to keep Selhurst as well, they will be far far better off than we have been for 10+ years.

But the condition is that they guarantee - by tomorrow afternoon - that they can find the funds to buy Selhurst.

The problem is that the guarantee required can ONLY be achieved if they devise a business plan that will only work if Selhust is priced at its development value.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A club going bust is something i've heard dozens of times but never actually happens unless its a very small club.I couldn't really give a shite i palace fold although a tiny tiny part of me would miss the rivalry:D

They won't go bust FACT:shrug:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
2:20 in the second videos its the bloke of match of the day who sometimes does the reports on different premiership grounds

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Not to throw a hissy fit but this is a f***ing dire situation for us, our club, our history & our local community.

I understand a bit of rivalry, I'm old enough to recognise Brighton as our rivals, not f***ing Charlton & the fact that some of you are exstatic about what's happening to us, the fans, rather than Simon Jordan getting fisted with an asbestos glove is shameful & I really hope that you do not go through this.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
scha·den·freu·de (shädn-froid)
n. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[German : Schaden, damage (from Middle High German schade, from Old High German scado) + Freude, joy (from Middle High German vreude, from Old High German frewida, from fr, happy).]

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
A club going bust is something i've heard dozens of times but never actually happens unless its a very small club.I couldn't really give a shite i palace fold although a tiny tiny part of me would miss the rivalry:D

They won't go bust FACT:shrug:

This.

I'm finding this all quite funny watching them suffer to be honest. They won't go under.
As for those demonstrations :lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here