Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Things are not quite as bad as this would suggest, I imagine it is a bit of a ploy to get more numbers at Selhurst today.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They'll sort it out without the need for liquidation

So many times clubs are seemingly on the brink of folding but always there's a last minute reprieve-this will be no different.

That does sound real and serious, very worrying for our friends up the A23.

Worrying yes, but they'll survive.

yeah it's just negotiation tactics. there's a deal there somewhere

I'd imagine the lowest price possible for SP is their aim.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we cannot reach agreement soon (we have a deadline of 3pm 1st June) Agilo have made their intention clear to sell the players and liquidate the club.

Absolute bollocks, we hear this EVERY single close season about one club or the other and hey presto someone comes in and saves the day. Southampton were about 5 mins from folding last season and are now the last of the big spenders again :rant:

I'll be really pissed if Palace are the next in line to write off all their debts and spend like it's going out of fashion next year. Survive and struggle is what I am hoping for for them

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surely a fake storey - anti-embarrasment Clause and crystal palace mentioned in the same sentence????????

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You do wonder about this, there seems to be a lack of a sugar daddy here, I think this might not be the same as Southampton.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You do wonder about this, there seems to be a lack of a sugar daddy here, I think this might not be the same as Southampton.

This is true, as Southampton owned a state of the art stadium, this consortium seem to be expecting everyone involved in trying to recoup some money to roll over and let them dictate the terms so no wonder it is stalling. Not owning Selhurst Park may be the price the next owners have to pay if they want to keep CPC alive.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
This 'anti-embarrasment clause' that the bank wants is all to do with the fear of the ground being sold on in the future to a property developer for a massive profit. Sounds familiar - wasn't the Goldstone sold and then sold on again for a huge profit?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This 'anti-embarrasment clause' that the bank wants is all to do with the fear of the ground being sold on in the future to a property developer for a massive profit. Sounds familiar - wasn't the Goldstone sold and then sold on again for a huge profit?

Yeah, the fact that the new owners want that put in rather than some safeguard that the ground cannot be sold for re-development at all for a number of years seems a little suspect anyway.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What are they saying on the Palace forum? Anyone got a link?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Surely a fake storey - anti-embarrasment Clause and crystal palace mentioned in the same sentence????????

It is simply been put out to drum up support from the media and the general football world before a number of crunch talks, a few old grannies on SSN outside the ground, some kids and Mark Bright with tears in eyes might mean HBOS bottle it and accept a slightly better agreement.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i'd love it just love it if they lost their ground and had to groundshare with gillingham. don't want to see them go under though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here