Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS wants out?

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
FFS this site does my head in with all the crap that gets spouted.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I know this will probably not go down very well, but does anyone else on here thing that a large part of his scoring drought is DOWN TO THE PLAYER HIMSELF?

Now I love the guy, and I love his hard work, and I totally understand what has happened to his game, as it happens to all strikers when the goals dry up, but the truth is he IS making the mistakes that you see in a striker lacking goals. That is basically that he is doing even more work away from the goal mouth than he would normally do. Dropping deep, going wide, and he is effective doing both, BUT that doesn't help him get into the right position when a chance would have come his way.

There were 2 glaring moments vs Saints for me when he simply wasn't where he should have been. As great as it was to see JFC score that goal, it was a rebound off the keeper who couldn't hold a KLL shot ..... but isn't that exactly the sort of chance you expect your lone striker to be all over. Then we had the most beautiful ball smacked across the 6 yard box from KLL and no-one was on the end of it. Again, THAT is exactly teh sort of chance you would expect him to be there to finish.

The other problem is when a chance does come his way, he's snatching at it, meaning he is converting fewer than I would have hoped. That double chance at the end of the Burnley game. Either chances would have been casually and confidently stroked home if he was in the middle of a decent goal scoring run.

Yes, of course, there have been times this season where the supply to him has been woeful, but I think he is an honest and level-headed enough player to know that he must also take a fair chunk of the responsibility for his lack of goals.

I know await flaming for daring to criticise our record signing.

100% correct - well done especially re - the saints game ( which i forgot to add to my previous moan about missing clear cut chances against Burnely, Reading and Coventry). Yes he runs around alot and his effort is exceptional - but we could have signed Paula Radcilffe if we wanted a long distance runner. He needs to stick the onion in the onion bag - or something like that.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
and when he was scoring goals for fun at Peterbrough they weren't playing him as a lone striker.

but peterborough were creating about 87 chances per game - i would suggest his scoring ratio at Peterborough is about the same as at Brighton which is rubbish!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
On 20k a week (with all bounuses, source was a certain Mr Murray but that may have been a guess from him), Playing everyweek at a club with ambition, that can still very much make the play offs, Lots of injuries to key players which are now coming back, and if he'd put some of his clear cut chances away he'd have about 10-12 goals by now and on course for 20. So I don't think he wants away, he just wants to score!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well this was tweeted in reposnse this morning

Paul Camillin [MENTION=12198]paul[/MENTION]Camillin
[MENTION=13484]CGull[/MENTION]man @soccer_sauce absolute nonsense!

In reply to David Hide conversation 2
Retweets 11:05 AM - 5 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
What's with this, ' Message sent on my WiFi dildo business? Do we really need to know that you have these devices? or is it madatory for these things to tell us constantly; find it nauseating myself and who really gives a f**k.
this

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well this was tweeted in reposnse this morning

Paul Camillin [MENTION=12198]paul[/MENTION]Camillin
[MENTION=13484]CGull[/MENTION]man @soccer_sauce absolute nonsense!

In reply to David Hide conversation 2
Retweets 11:05 AM - 5 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

Of course it was!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
On 20k a week (with all bounuses, source was a certain Mr Murray but that may have been a guess from him), Playing everyweek at a club with ambition, that can still very much make the play offs, Lots of injuries to key players which are now coming back, and if he'd put some of his clear cut chances away he'd have about 10-12 goals by now and on course for 20. So I don't think he wants away, he just wants to score!

Whilst your point is valid, he's not on even half that.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
As a forum owner, I give a f***. The default signature serves to inform users that Tapatalk access is available on the forum. If that really is the most frustrating thing in your life then you have a pretty stress free life. And I won't help your blood pressure much with this post either

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
14k seems a bit steep?

It does sound like alot, and I'm not going to say that its 100% accurate but for a Championship striker its probably about right. Murray visits an establishment in Brighton that I am connected to so I get to hear a few things but GM could be bullshitting I suppose.
I think 10k sounds too low for CMS and 20k sounds too high but either way its alot of Money to spend for the Albion. I think only a Prem club would tempt him but we're only half way through the season and with a stadium expansion and the prospect of making the play offs I dont think CMS has an eye on moving anywhere.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
but peterborough were creating about 87 chances per game - i would suggest his scoring ratio at Peterborough is about the same as at Brighton which is rubbish!!

This season for brighton 44 shots, (21 on goal) for 7 goals. 6.26 shots per goal (3 shots on target per goal)
Last season for peterborough 99 shots (52 on target) for 35 goals. 2.83 shots per goal (1.49 shots on target per goal)

Craig Mackail-Smith Bio, Stats, News - Football / Soccer - - ESPN Soccernet

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a load of old shite,the man loves it here and after the saints game done the usual solo walk applauding the fans.

Some rumours really are shocking

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Murray was long gone from this club before we knew CMS had signed so stop posting this pathetic rubbish. This club has a wage cap which was one of the reasons that Murray turned down a contract from us as he wanted more and he wouldn't have a clue what CMS was earning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here