CMS wants out?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Perhaps if we provided him with more than one chance every three games he would be happier?

A BILLION percent this.

I would be mightily pissed off after having the promise of a team built around me then stuck up front on my own for MOST games this season while the Uruguay 86 tactics kick in behind me.

Of course its now shaping up to be whatever happens NEXT season.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Even if he is happy here, he would expect his agent to start some sort of rumour mill, after all it focuses the mind of the players club and alerts other clubs of a potential move.

Both outcomes are beneficial to the player, he moves to a Prem Club with the associated riches and if not then maybe prompts a renegotiation of his current contract with us, with the associated riches !!!

Win, Win for the player.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
CMS strikes me as one of the most level-headed, hard-working and appreciative players I've seen in the stripes.

I'd be pretty amazed if the rumour had substance, though amazing things happen all the time.

Of course he must be frustrated - what striker wouldn't be? It would be more worrying if he felt the current amount of chances we create was satisfactory. We all know it isn't and presumably that's what Gus is now addressing.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
One of the reasons he came here was because he was impressed with the way we played last year. We've been stopped from playing that way this year and the service to him has been poor so I would imagine he's not happy with the way we're currently playing, but with the exception of the last game I don't think anyone has been particularly happy with progress on the pitch. We know Gus is going to try and improve things this month so, if achieved, CMS should be happy on all fronts.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've heard from a very good source after the Forest game that he was getting seriously pissed off with the lack of effort from some of his team mates.

And he retweeted me yesterday without me even asking, so we're basically best mates :cool:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's good to hear. I haven't a clue how he feels about the club or Gus but seeing as he is first on the team sheet, never gets subbed, runs his socks off and Gus gets all offended when commentators don't realise how good he is, a riff seems unlikely to me.

sorry for being pedantic..but i believe was subbed reading or coventry game?

Rumour seems bllx to me..if he had a problem i believe he would c poyet and not release this news to all and sundry

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Look at the speed he took off after JFC scored against Saints, he seemed reasonably excited. He also seems to love living in Brighton, judging by twitter and the photos he posts!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What's with this, ' Message sent on my WiFi dildo business? Do we really need to know that you have these devices? or is it madatory for these things to tell us constantly; find it nauseating myself and who really gives a f**k.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am sure it is hard for him sometimes, but he doesn't look unhappy when he is the last one off of the pitch at the end of the game. He applauds the whole crowd, he is well aware we love him. Lets face it the Amex is a far cry from Victoria Road, and a step or three better than London Road too.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know this will probably not go down very well, but does anyone else on here thing that a large part of his scoring drought is DOWN TO THE PLAYER HIMSELF?

Now I love the guy, and I love his hard work, and I totally understand what has happened to his game, as it happens to all strikers when the goals dry up, but the truth is he IS making the mistakes that you see in a striker lacking goals. That is basically that he is doing even more work away from the goal mouth than he would normally do. Dropping deep, going wide, and he is effective doing both, BUT that doesn't help him get into the right position when a chance would have come his way.

There were 2 glaring moments vs Saints for me when he simply wasn't where he should have been. As great as it was to see JFC score that goal, it was a rebound off the keeper who couldn't hold a KLL shot ..... but isn't that exactly the sort of chance you expect your lone striker to be all over. Then we had the most beautiful ball smacked across the 6 yard box from KLL and no-one was on the end of it. Again, THAT is exactly teh sort of chance you would expect him to be there to finish.

The other problem is when a chance does come his way, he's snatching at it, meaning he is converting fewer than I would have hoped. That double chance at the end of the Burnley game. Either chances would have been casually and confidently stroked home if he was in the middle of a decent goal scoring run.

Yes, of course, there have been times this season where the supply to him has been woeful, but I think he is an honest and level-headed enough player to know that he must also take a fair chunk of the responsibility for his lack of goals.

I know await flaming for daring to criticise our record signing.

I know this will probably not go down very well, but does anyone else on here thing that a large part of his scoring drought is DOWN TO THE PLAYER HIMSELF?

Now I love the guy, and I love his hard work, and I totally understand what has happened to his game, as it happens to all strikers when the goals dry up, but the truth is he IS making the mistakes that you see in a striker lacking goals. That is basically that he is doing even more work away from the goal mouth than he would normally do. Dropping deep, going wide, and he is effective doing both, BUT that doesn't help him get into the right position when a chance would have come his way.

There were 2 glaring moments vs Saints for me when he simply wasn't where he should have been. As great as it was to see JFC score that goal, it was a rebound off the keeper who couldn't hold a KLL shot ..... but isn't that exactly the sort of chance you expect your lone striker to be all over. Then we had the most beautiful ball smacked across the 6 yard box from KLL and no-one was on the end of it. Again, THAT is exactly teh sort of chance you would expect him to be there to finish.

The other problem is when a chance does come his way, he's snatching at it, meaning he is converting fewer than I would have hoped. That double chance at the end of the Burnley game. Either chances would have been casually and confidently stroked home if he was in the middle of a decent goal scoring run.

Yes, of course, there have been times this season where the supply to him has been woeful, but I think he is an honest and level-headed enough player to know that he must also take a fair chunk of the responsibility for his lack of goals.

I, for one, agree with this. He is likely to be fed up with himself for missing good chances as much anything else and also why I think it is unlikely any other club would come in for him at present.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

This. Could not agree more.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

I'm not going to flame you for an honest opinion. I'm sure CMS is his own sternest critic, but what I'd say in his defence is that sometimes he's not where he/you would like him to be simply because he's having to do a lot of extra hold-up play, tracking back and general running around. He doesn't have the luxury of drifting around and waiting to snatch a killer chance.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Frustrated: maybe. Wants out: no way.

He's only played here for a few months and seems to relish it here. The team is clearly being built around him, but it might not be until next season that everything falls into place.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm not going to flame you for an honest opinion. I'm sure CMS is his own sternest critic, but what I'd say in his defence is that sometimes he's not where he/you would like him to be simply because he's having to do a lot of extra hold-up play, tracking back and general running around. He doesn't have the luxury of drifting around and waiting to snatch a killer chance.

Exactly. I can only think of the Cov chance and the couplwe against Reading and Burnley at the death that he should have maybe done better.

But other than that the poor sod has had to almost cross it then get on the end of it himself while Gus plays his negative tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports