Club's Attitude To Family Stand & Gully's Gang

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
another one jumping in that dont know what hes on about put cms on the back and see what the price is
So it wasn't £55 for the shirt then?
And you did get a replacement?
As you've stated you wont be buying one next season, although I doubt anyone other than you will care, so wheres the problem?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You had a faulty product and the club replaced it.
Don't you think that deserves a mention, what more can they do?

(Our shirts are this years and last)
i'm saying nothin gabout that although they said if it was just the lettering they would not have exchanged it what im saying is that itsa shoddy product and at the price they are charging its not cheap either

macky

Dec 28, 2004
As you've stated you wont be buying one next season, although I doubt anyone other than you will care, so wheres the problem?

if the club dont care about losing customers possible 70 years of custom then they are f***ed well and truly
like i said its not only me moaning there was 3 other parents i was speaking to on sunday who felt the same

Sallys Pigtails

Nov 7, 2011
Patronising !!!

Did you read mine, as I read yours and replied and am still awaiting yours!

Yes, I read yours and everybody elses with great interest. I answered your Q when I replied that Cardiff City do it right.

How many of you posters bothered to go the many miles down to South Wales to support your team and watch the football with passion, all things that I have been accused of not doing on here?

Those that did, would have seen for themselves in amazement the efforts the club go to. In terms of their junior facilities they are PREMIER league. For all our talk of UEFA standard ground and facilities, it takes a 'foreign' team (being Welsh) to show us how it is done.

Many of you posters are right, football is the main item, but if that is the case why are so many stadiums across the country half empty? Either you wake up and realise that families have so many other options rather than just football these days, or in five years time, read the Amex rather than the Ricoh Arena. Your choice.

Ironically, to reinforce my point against so many posters on here, not only did Cardiff start off with a decent facility recognised by the FA when they first opened their new stadium, but year on year, where others have lost fans, they have increased season ticket and crowd numbers.

Surely, if we want to be the best, we would go to the existing best, Cardiff in the eyes of the FA, see what they do, and then transplant it back to Brighton. Why wouldn't you? But no instead we are too obsessed with real ale and the likes, which smacks or short termism.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
as i said he has other kits including the team he plays for and no problems the shirt is shoddy as another poster said on her a lot of people ar complaining so its not just me

Who else is complaining about the shirts? Has the replacement shirt been ok? I asked that before but you didn't answer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I read yours and everybody elses with great interest. I answered your Q when I replied that Cardiff City do it right.

How many of you posters bothered to go the many miles down to South Wales to support your team and watch the football with passion, all things that I have been accused of not doing on here?

Those that did, would have seen for themselves in amazement the efforts the club go to. In terms of their junior facilities they are PREMIER league. For all our talk of UEFA standard ground and facilities, it takes a 'foreign' team (being Welsh) to show us how it is done.

Many of you posters are right, football is the main item, but if that is the case why are so many stadiums across the country half empty? Either you wake up and realise that families have so many other options rather than just football these days, or in five years time, read the Amex rather than the Ricoh Arena. Your choice.

Ironically, to reinforce my point against so many posters on here, not only did Cardiff start off with a decent facility recognised by the FA when they first opened their new stadium, but year on year, where others have lost fans, they have increased season ticket and crowd numbers.

Surely, if we want to be the best, we would go to the existing best, Cardiff in the eyes of the FA, see what they do, and then transplant it back to Brighton. Why wouldn't you? But no instead we are too obsessed with real ale and the likes, which smacks or short termism.
I went to Cardiff and fail to see what you saw that was so amazing. You haven't given any details on what they did that was so much better.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
At last! A poster who has actually read my original post.

In summary, what I am saying is that a fan of 30 yrs, and now a parent, we either embrace our young blood that we have worked hard for or lose them to other distractions in today's world.

To the incredibly smart people on here, who have belittled some of my comments,
1) nobody can tell me why it is OK for kids to watch grown ups drink but kids are not allowed in Dick's Bar,
2) why have a sweetstall if like one poster you have to sway your children away from it (its meant to be a sweetstall for gods sake!)
3) yesterday's entertainment, supposed to be part of the Football League's intiative not the club's, was actually pretty poor
4) no where in the ground can you buy chips, a child staple, and they have stopped vans filling this void outside the ground.
5) if the club was really serious about its youngsters, and not just trying to bleed them financially dry, £29.99 for a child's shirt, over priced sweets (Yes, I repeat £1.99 for a sixty pence bar of chocolate with a seagull badge on it, shame on you), it would have researched other clubs like Cardiff, but they didn't.

With a brand new state of the art stadium, opened in the 21st century, where fans still get wet on an average night because the stand was not built big enough, there is absolutely no vision for the retainment of the fans of the future. If I think like this after 30 years of following the Albion, with blue & white running through my veins, what are all the JCL's thinking?

Only time will tell who was right.

Do you know what. Don't bother coming if its that bloody terrible. I personally quite like it.

macky

Dec 28, 2004

how wasnt it £ 55 know what your going to say but it with its lettering comes out at £55 you are just being predantric Like i said anyone comes on here with a legit complaint and every one jumps on them it's called pack mentality

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
if the club dont care about losing customers possible 70 years of custom then they are f***ed well and truly
like i said its not only me moaning there was 3 other parents i was speaking to on sunday who felt the same

Unless hundreds of people refuse to buy the shirts I wouldn't expect it to even register with the club. You, just like the rest of us ,are now just a cash cow to be milked as often as possible by the merchandising dept. Its part of becoming a bigger club in a bigger league.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I'm left completely perplexed by your post I really am. I think you must be on a wind up, or so detached from reality you've been living in a shoe.

A great response. I firmly believed the OP was fishing and on a wind-up but no and I am left completely perplexed, much like Leon Knight in a room on his own wondering who to argue with.

no where in the ground can you buy chips, a child staple, and they have stopped vans filling this void outside the ground.

I think you have probably lost any credibility you once might have had (although not in my eyes) with this comment. Christ you are a parent who is moaning that their kids are not allowed in a pub and that they cant get chips.

I hope you dont ever let your kids see you drink alcohol or an adult in your family. If you do then you are totally hypocritical.

I am totally amazed with anyone who has a moan-up about family stand. It is excellent. Who can complain when they can take an under 10 to football, and the Championship at that, for less than a few quid a game. A few quid a game. What a way to get the next generation hooked. So what if the sweets are £1.50 a packet, Dont buy them if you think its expensive. Last time I checked they dont make you and I bet they are at least £3 at the cinema but I bet you dont complain there.

Gullys Gang has been a revelation in the last few seasons. My little girl got a great bag of goodies on joining, another gift this year and she loves it. The best thing in her eyes was the postcard of Inigo Calderon which he signed, she is totally hooked.

Gullys girls are great for the kids (& adults) and it just adds to the experience.

And finally, the look on most of the kids faces on match day (especially when we score & win) is priceless, they love it.

Well done club for all you have done with the Family Stand & Gullys Gang!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The biggest single barrier to families going to football, and dropping attendances throughout most of the league (albeit not us for exceptional reasons) is COST. Not the lack of Impressionist-standard face painting.

I still believe Brighton's prices, along with all other clubs, are too high but that is a personal view and I don't believe we are the worst offenders either. What is it, £30-£50 for a season for an Under-10?

But if you were a family of five, say two adults and three Under-16s, that must be the best part of £1,500-£2,000. In tough times, that's a lot of money.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Who else is complaining about the shirts? Has the replacement shirt been ok? I asked that before but you didn't answer.
do you want me to name names lol f*** me if i did there would be a lynch mob going round there houses I dont know i only changed it this week will et you know in a week or twos time but i do know its still nowhere near the quality of his other shirts

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I honestly thought the OP was on a wind-up when he complained about the sweets not being sold in glass jars. Seemingly not though. Looks like he's expecting the Amex to be a cross between Alton Towers and Zippos Circus.

Look, Pigtails. Its a football ground. The main event, the main attraction, is the football. If your kids need a pre-match waterslide, a performance of The Lion King on ice, and someone doing somersaults on stilts to attract them along, then you're probably better taking them to Butlins.

If they're bored, then you're probably getting there too early. If they're still bored during the game then you may have to accept that maybe they just don't like football all that much.

Enjoyed the second half against Palace then!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
do you want me to name names lol f*** me if i did there would be a lynch mob going round there houses I dont know i only changed it this week will et you know in a week or twos time but i do know its still nowhere near the quality of his other shirts

There has been no one else on this thread complaining about the shirts is what I meant.

I'm still waiting for Sally Pigtails to explain how Cardiff was so amazing. She must have seen something that I didn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm still waiting to hear exactly what it is that Cardiff City do for kids on matchdays thats apparently so bloody amazing.

Long on whinge, short on detail.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

AGAIN, you fail to list anything Cardiff have done.
I've asked three times now, please do tell.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

I went to Cardiff and you STILL haven't said what was so special for kids. I can only think you're referring to the games console (which looked like it was switched off...). So, for about the 4th time of asking, what EXACTLY was so special about our Welsh cousins (apart from being rubbish and gifting us 3 points!)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports