Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club's Attitude To Family Stand & Gully's Gang

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Glad Im taking my two to the WSU in Jan, as BoF said think they are looking forward to the adult pursuit bit.

Nov 10, 2011
Surely, the kids should be enticed by the football and nothing (or very little) else, and it is up to the parents to 'talk up' why they should be supporting the Albion. Never at any point while watching the seagulls at the Goldstone as a kid did I receive anything extra to try and bribe me to go, I was there out of choice and because my Dad was an Albion supporter. That's they way it should be.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Surely, the kids should be enticed by the football and nothing (or very little) else, and it is up to the parents to 'talk up' why they should be supporting the Albion. Never at any point while watching the seagulls at the Goldstone as a kid did I receive anything extra to try and bribe me to go, I was there out of choice and because my Dad was an Albion supporter. That's they way it should be.

My previous point is that of the 15000 members signed up last year, very few of them will get the opportunity to go to matches. Relatively few parents are into football (unfortunatley) and the Seagulls Club (whatever it's called now) is the one thing that binds these kids to the Albion, so that one day, maybe, they will still be interested enough to go to matches when the opportunity arises, rather than be a plastic supporter of MU, MC, Chelsea or one of the other big time charlies.
I look upon it as a service that the Albion should offer to those young fans who cannot get to matches. I am not saying this should be for free - hey, take a look at what Arsenal give their Junior Gunners, for example, for a tenner a season. If the Seagulls Club itself can be run on limited subscriptions (and make it self supporting) the Albion will still make plenty of dosh on shirts etc, esp at Christmas and Birthdays.

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
bovril , standing on a box and getting soaked when it rained and i loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is it with kids these days let then sit at home on thier ps3 if they do'nt like it and let someone that wants to come have their ticket glad i got that off my chest ;-)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
.......... so you didn't get your joining pack, 20% off in the club shop, Christmas party and Christmas Card? I'd go back and have a moan if I were you.

WHAT? Right, that's it.

I shall write a strongly worded letter to the club immediately, demanding that something be done about my 1987-88 season Christmas card that never arrived (sniff). Can't believe what a shambles this club is. It's all Bloom's fault. Is Bryan Bedson still alive? He's not escaping my wrath either*

*if he's alive.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There was no wind against West Ham. Simply the first six rows are not under cover full stop.

Yes, the club is not Drusillas. That is one of my points. Given the choice, we want parents to go to Falmer, but if they get better value for money and facilities elsewhere then we cannot be surprised.

Face painting.. No that was a young girl with a rubber stamp. Face painting is something far superior! You will see that I did actually credit the club with its effort, but yesterday was supposed to be a big part of the football leagues family weekend. In this case it was rubbish!

If children are allowed to watch 'responsible drinking' then why cannot they go in Dick's Bar?

As for somebody who DOES do it better...Cardiff City by a country mile. I was staggered when we visited there at the start of the season. They understand that they are competing in a modern world where parents and children have a hundred and one other distractions, but they ensure punters want to go there on matchday, rather than to an alternative establishment.

Ladies and gentleman and especially all you parents. I give you the highlight of half term. Looking forward to how all the little darlings enjoy the Tuesday night treats plus comparisons to our own more modest efforts at the community stadium. My two will be in tow on Tuesday night, but they are teenagers, so will mostly converse in grunts and or textspeech

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good old Ms Pigtails. I wonder if she ever found happiness?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Good old Ms Pigtails. I wonder if she ever found happiness?

To be honest I kind of assumed it was a second account for returnoftherev.

I really enjoyed Cardiff on Tuesday night. The facilities are good, but I still don't think they are up there with the Amex. There didn't seem to be many kids in the away end, which may have explained the lack of crowds at the Sony Entertainment units. I saw no more than two kids at one time, on the couple of occasions I walked past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here