Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe we will bring a senior "football man ",on a short time basis,someone with old ties to the club.Maybe Nobby Horton,until the dust settles.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Didn't think of that. Makes sense I guess. However, what if Gus wins his appeal?

He's sacked and will stay sacked. However the club will have to pay him if he wins an unfair dismissal claim.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Am I the only one who views this as worst possible outcome.
1. It appears couldn't reach mutually agreeable solution with Poyet
2. Now have to go down "interim" route until any appeal is lodged and heard and decision made
3. What is Taricco going to do now, fight Albion cause or fight Poyets from inside

Plus, what has Charlie's role in all this been? Is it going to emerge he has been T.B's man on the "inside" throughout.

I'm going to bed after having a drink, my head hurts. When will this flaming mess end. Even when we mucked Cattlin around at least the end was quick and relatively clean.
This. You're not alone in this view. ( except my head doesn't hurt - it's just spinning )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would assume that any appeal has to be lodged within 7 or 14 days and if he win it would make no difference as regards a new appointment just cost the club money.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I could write several hundred words on Poyet and probably will somewhere else. But "interim manager"? FFS. That is absolutely the last thing we need. Let's be clear, the reason football clubs DON'T go down the full legal employment law route and, instead, agree a pay off, is so they can immediately and expediently appoint someone who they think will do the business. This isn't a building site. The new season starts in just over a month.

The interim manager will be the new gaffer with a slightly different title, think temp to perm.
No way will they let Tanno anywhere near the players !

* I now expect to see Tanno taking training tomorrow :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just as I thought sack or stay would bring final resolution, it's dawning that an even worse situation has unfolded. We're manager less now but still in limbo. Crickey, will it get worse before it gets better? Acknowledging the fact all managers can be classes as interim given they're only second in the survival stakes to WW1 fighter pilots.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Let's be clear, the reason football clubs DON'T go down the full legal employment law route and, instead, agree a pay off, is so they can immediately and expediently appoint someone who they think will do the business. This isn't a building site. The new season starts in just over a month.

I think the reason the club have gone down the UK employment law route is due to FFP. The days of sacking managers and paying them off a couple of million quid are long gone. That two million quid could be the difference between being just inside the FFP rules or incurring fines and transfer embargoes for breaching them.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So OGJ is 'interim manager' but really the actual manager....what happens if Gus wins the appeal?[/QUOTE
a) Where did I mention Garcia. B) I don't recall saying anything about the interim being the "actual manager" I said I expect him to sign a permanent contract after the dust settles i.e. after any possible appeal c) Even if gus wins any appeal he won't return, he'll get a hefty pay off. Any more sarcy questions?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is how *real* employment disputes work. the "interim" replacemnt is only in name, they are a replacement. the employer/employee relationship is now to be considered irretrievably broken down and the only thing to come from an appeal is compensation. the general approach to going into the disiplinary process is to assume that it will go to tribunal, so all the detail and documentation is down along the way. the delay to such affairs is due to getting a tribunal scheduled, not the information. (this is my HR missues input).

dont let the Chelsea debacle mislead, that was just a wierd title, Benitez was manager with a 1yr contract.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm very sorry it has ended this way. I liked Gus until his little speech after the palace game. I only hope this doesn't wreck our season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would assume that any appeal has to be lodged within 7 or 14 days and if he win it would make no difference as regards a new appointment just cost the club money.

The LMA statement quoted in The Argus said "Further, the very lengthy appendices to the initial report comprise around 500 pages and these were also only delivered recently" suggests an appeal on a technicality if the club hasn't got everything perfectly right.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So OGJ is 'interim manager' but really the actual manager....what happens if Gus wins the appeal?

It will cost the club a LOT of money, far more than if they had either had the courage of their convictions and sacked him right at the beginning or had negotiated a leaving settlement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here