Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
initally figured that ogj would be appointed as interim manager and titled changed once appeal process over. But I would guess that the time scale to lodge any appeal is 7 days with a maximum of 14 then I guess it will be internal appointment until the appeal is over and then ogj, this will be around the spain tour. Progress I guess but still an issue with signing players etc, cant afford another 14 days without additions.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's not going to appeal because it's already been negotiated and agreed upon. I imagine we're giving him a "golden handshake".
Bring on Oscar.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shame he got sacked but he had a top two squad that finished fourth and ultimately it cost him. Rest is minor detail.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Thank goodness for that.

Gus was gone once he was suspended, the only issue really being discussed is any compensation.

I hope he gets f*** all.

TB

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
few things;

no mention of charlie at all.

if gus had any honor or ever loved the club, he would let us keep the 2m, trying to get it out of us when he is loaded will bring hate towards him.

the club are confident they will win an appeal or would have not gone down this route.

I feel Oscar to be named interim manager Tuesday or Wednesday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It will cost the club a LOT of money, far more than if they had either had the courage of their convictions and sacked him right at the beginning or had negotiated a leaving settlement.
Personally I don't think TB would have sacked Gus before knowing the likelihood of him winning an appeal is virtually nil.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
initally figured that ogj would be appointed as interim manager and titled changed once appeal process over. But I would guess that the time scale to lodge any appeal is 7 days with a maximum of 14 then I guess it will be internal appointment until the appeal is over and then ogj, this will be around the spain tour. Progress I guess but still an issue with signing players etc, cant afford another 14 days without additions.

I reckon Coppell will be appointed for 2-3 weeks to keep things above board, and then Oscar will given the full time job.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's not going to appeal because it's already been negotiated and agreed upon. I imagine we're giving him a "golden handshake".
Bring on Oscar.
If that were the case this would be the usual "left by mutual agreement", not this.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well at least thats given me something to think about after that cricket debacle

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
few things;

no mention of charlie at all.

if gus had any honor or ever loved the club, he would let us keep the 2m, trying to get it out of us when he is loaded will bring hate towards him.

Rubbish I'm afraid. We would all do the same

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shame he got sacked but he had a top two squad that finished fourth and ultimately it cost him. Rest is minor detail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports