Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Presumably an interim manager can be made permanent? But would a manager such as Oscar want to take over in that way. Personally speaking this is a mess.

Pre season training and tactics for the forthcoming season will be difficult, plus player recruitment will be very hard. Its not setting up the season in a good way and a poor season may have a detrimental effect on season tickets the year after. A big gamble by Bloom and it may have been better to pay the compoanx be rid of Gus completely.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sadly not if he can appeal and we cannot get a new manager inbetween. I also have a feeling that he WILL appeal. That will **** up our pre-season big time.
We probably can get a new manager, but we have to refer to him by a name like interim manager.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I reckon the new manager will be interim in title only, once the dust settles on all this he will sign a permanent deal. The club are just circumventing a constructive dismissal case.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Am I the only one who views this as worst possible outcome.
1. It appears couldn't reach mutually agreeable solution with Poyet
2. Now have to go down "interim" route until any appeal is lodged and heard and decision made
3. What is Taricco going to do now, fight Albion cause or fight Poyets from inside

Plus, what has Charlie's role in all this been? Is it going to emerge he has been T.B's man on the "inside" throughout.

I'm going to bed after having a drink, my head hurts. When will this flaming mess end. Even when we mucked Cattlin around at least the end was quick and relatively clean.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dodge for interim?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Didn't think of that. Makes sense I guess. However, what if Gus wins his appeal?

If he wins the club will have to give him his job back (not likely) or pay him what he is owed

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The new man will be Interim in name only pending the outcome of any appeal that Gus chooses to lodge.

In reality Gus has gone, he's not coming back and we require a new manager.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Am I the only one who views this as worst possible outcome.
1. It appears couldn't reach mutually agreeable solution with Poyet
2. Now have to go down "interim" route until any appeal is lodged and heard and decision made
3. What is Taricco going to do now, fight Albion cause or fight Poyets from inside

Plus, what has Charlie's role in all this been? Is it going to emerge he has been T.B's man on the "inside" throughout.

I'm going to bed after having a drink, my head hurts. When will this flaming mess end. Even when we mucked Cattlin around at least the end was quick and relatively clean.
It's not a good outcome but I guess it's always been the most likely one, the club don't want to pay Gus off so he can walk into a new club for free at great cost to us, but no club has wanted Gus enough to try and get him, so there aren't a lot of options left.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I could write several hundred words on Poyet and probably will somewhere else. But "interim manager"? FFS. That is absolutely the last thing we need. Let's be clear, the reason football clubs DON'T go down the full legal employment law route and, instead, agree a pay off, is so they can immediately and expediently appoint someone who they think will do the business. This isn't a building site. The new season starts in just over a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here