Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for the memories Gus

Statement form the club website

Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

This followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process. In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal. As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA statements at this time.

Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal. The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.

The club's first-team players report back as planned for pre-season testing tomorrow, Monday 24th June, with the squad's first technical sessions commencing on Thursday 27th June. The team play Whitehawk on Saturday 6th July and leave for their summer training camp in Spain on 14th July.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-230613-876708.aspx#eEBAruu8VPqgxWi3.99

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Club statement imminent

Sad that its ended in this manner, thanks for the memories Gus :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A sad end to a generally brilliant three and a half years.

Adios Gus, and thank you.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You knew it was coming but still disappointing. Interim manager? Tanno? Charlie? Argh questions

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I feel quite sad now he's gone but also relieved we can actually start preparing for the new season. I wonder who we will get in as interim manager?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Club statement imminent

Bye Gus, thanks for everything. Terrific manager for us. But all things come to an end. The king is dead, long live the, er, hmmm. Lets hope we have another king shortly.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think is is highly unlikely, Tano, Gus's close friend will show up tomorrow.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Thanks for everything Gus but you were never bigger than our club. Best of luck for the future, I 100% trust that Tony Bloom has done the right thing for us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
:drama:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here