Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
19:14 23rd June 2013
Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

This followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process. In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal. As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA statements at this time.

Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal. The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.

The club's first-team players report back as planned for pre-season testing tomorrow, Monday 24th June, with the squad's first technical sessions commencing on Thursday 27th June. The team play Whitehawk on Saturday 6th July and leave for their summer training camp in Spain on 14th July.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Club statement imminent

Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal. The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.

The club's first-team players report back as planned for pre-season testing tomorrow, Monday 24th June, with the squad's first technical sessions commencing on Thursday 27th June. The team play Whitehawk on Saturday 6th July and leave for their summer training camp in Spain on 14th July.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-230613-876708.aspx#JrKlcMOYhyljAoEM.99

That makes no sense, if he wins his appeal he's not exactly gonna come back to work is he, so why an interim manager

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
well its all kicking off isn't it, finally good to hear some news...any word on Charlie? Hopefully the positive news and PR offensive follows soon...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe TB was waiting until I removed Gus from my signature.

Had I known I'd have done it earlier.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bye Gus

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
A sad day... I'm Glad but Sad at the same time ..really strange

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
sacked

Gus is officially gone, now onwards and upwards with seemingly Oscar Garcia or tim Sherwood, think we know who everyone prefers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sad times

But glad it's finally being sorted.

Need Oscar asap now

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Statement form the club website

Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

This followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process. In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal. As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA statements at this time.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-230613-876708.aspx#eEBAruu8VPqgxWi3.99

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
All I can say is..................

:rave::cheery::cheery::rave::cheery::rave::cheery::cheery::rave::cheery::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here