Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Where can I read this?

Don't get sucked in.
What are the chances of such an appalling event going 5 weeks without being leaked by somebody before now.

Methinks the Ninja is either attention seeking, or more likely playing a game to see how many he can reel in.

You'll observe he deliberately fails to link the name of Gus Poyet with the alleged action.

Once he had milked it for all its worth he would have declared "I never said it was Gus".
Ignore him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Strange that the release time shown on the website isn't the time it was released. Mind you the Argus do that a lot too.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
just watched the interview on bbc website http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23022212
At least he thanked the fans. Life is never dull as a Brighton fan.
No pleasing some on here, you moan when there is no news & moan when you get news about the timing,
personally glad its done & if Gus does appeal (which personally I don't think he will once he has had a chat with legal team)
we can still appoint a new interim manager or coach. Life goes on & in football the next scandal is always just around the corner
as they say todays headlines tomorrows chip wrappers.
As I don't know what really happened & even if we find out.
I still would like to thank Gus for the last 3 years, but maybe not the last 2 months.
New Season, New Hope, bring it on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, "has been informed today", is clear and unambiguous, and means that he knew of his sacking before the BBC gig.

No it's not. "Today" is a long period, they could have informed him at 7am or 3.48pm or 7.59pm just before releasing the tatement. They could have informed him by text or email where there is no confirmation he received it, they could have informed him through his lawyers/representatives.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The way it usually happens is the statement is timed when it is released to the press and embargoed until a time in the future, in this case the press got it at 19:14 and told it would be made public at 20:00 which is when it went live on the clubs website.
Not sure this happened in this case but it did on a release I was involved with but you are right it went public at 8pm

While that is what usually happens, in this case the text from the club saying that a statement would be on the website "imminently" arrived at 7.58pm. The real and the false Andy Naylors both tweeted almost immediately and the statement went up a few minutes later. We must assume that it was intended to go out earlier, but either it was held back for some re-wording, or somebody messed up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am not speculating. I wouldn't do such a thing. If I speak, I have done the required reading.

I wouldn't throw a punch at, say, a Managing Director. Certainly not woth CCTV watching. I just wouldn't.

Given it's Bozza's knackers on the line here I'd suggest you retract that post until any facts are made public by the club or Gus.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Given it's Bozza's knackers on the line here I'd suggest you retract that post until any facts are made public by the club or Gus.

To be fair, there are enough mods to decide whether a post should remain or not. NJ can also be charged as an individual poster, so has taken his own risk. Of course, he can only be charged if what he is saying isn't true...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought Gis did know before going on air . After this statement I am less sure that he did - cant see how it helps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here