Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Am I alone in finding all this rather amusing, its like a very badly written episode of Eastenders. Some people on here are very strange if they get ashamed and worry about what other clubs fans think of the Albion over the overblown melodramatics surrounding Poyet's sacking! Its all part of the fun and games and I for one am not remotely ashamed, horrified or beside myself with self loathing and misery, FFS people get a bleedin grip. Roll on Aug 3!

Andy Naylor tweets:-

1. (22:46) Hold your horses, there could be a further twist tonight.

And later:-

2. (23:04) Was anticipating another statement from #bhafc but not happening now. So it's a wrap folks, until tomorrow.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Actually, it's a bloody good job Joe Kinnell's ended up at Laughingstock Utd, otherwise I could see our mob employing him as the sh***y flag; stuck in the rancid Cherry; atop the pile o' shambollic muppetry. :lolol:

ps Hope all's well wicha mate (excluding the obvious, obviously). :thumbsup:

DanielT

Am I alone in finding all this rather amusing, its like a very badly written episode of Eastenders. Some people on here are very strange if they get ashamed and worry about what other clubs fans think of the Albion over the overblown melodramatics surrounding Poyet's sacking! Its all part of the fun and games and I for one am not remotely ashamed, horrified or beside myself with self loathing and misery, FFS people get a bleedin grip. Roll on Aug 3!

reason for gratitude: that some of these "fans" were not around during the bad old days! imagine the flounces!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
b-b-b-but we're a Laughing Stock... we haven't Shown Class - it's a Bloody Shambles!!!!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

100% this

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it's the timing of it all that stinks!! why not wait until monday morning???????

how about information that Gus was going to tell of the situation on TV. there is not really any good reason for the club to release the info at 19:15 on a Sunday unless they felt they needed to communicate before the other party would. interviewer.. so Gus whats you're current situation? Gus... Ees complicated but i've been dismissed and now appealling. cue outrage from the fans they heard it that way.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
how about information that Gus was going to tell of the situation on TV. there is not really any good reason for the club to release the info at 19:15 on a Sunday unless they felt they needed to communicate before the other party would. interviewer.. so Gus whats you're current situation? Gus... Ees complicated but i've been dismissed and now appealling. cue outrage from the fans they heard it that way.

this seems plausible to me

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Surely the club would have been advised by their lawyers what to put out in a statement. So if the statement states that Gus had been informed, then i would imagine that he already knew prior to the statement being released.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

very plausible.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

These people also seem to get embarrassed easily and offended on behalf of other people.
Football is a game in the entertainment business, too many serious strange beings around.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Club Statement
PUBLISHED
19:14 23rd June 2013
Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-230613-876708.aspx#d4CX0wopb6PKrSEv.99

It is very clear from the club statement at 7.14pm, that..... "Gus Poyet has been informed etc etc"....i.e. he knew before 7.14pm and long before 8.00pm this evening.

Total bollocks from him this evening

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Surely the club would have been advised by their lawyers what to put out in a statement. So if the statement states that Gus had been informed, then i would imagine that he already knew prior to the statement being released.

Yes, "has been informed today", is clear and unambiguous, and means that he knew of his sacking before the BBC gig. He might not have known that the club was going to put a statement out at that time, but that's not the point; the point is that the club played it by the rules and told him before they went public. There's no way that the club lawyers would have approved doing it the other way round.

Clearly the statement was issued precisely because the club knew that Poyet could not be trusted not to announce his own sacking on live Tv, so the statement came out first.

It beats me why NSC is full of people saying this makes the club a laughing stock, shows no class, blah blah blah.. BHAFC seems to have some very thin skinned fans. A little-watched BBC channel gets a minor Sunday evening scoop about a second division football club manager getting the boot, generates a few half-baked comments on twitter... er... that's it. The world will continue to turn undisturbed, BHAFC will appoint another manager as soon as the legal shenanigans enable them to, and the club will probably continue on its upward trajectory.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Denial of a possible truth is a technique that a lot of our fans are using to avoid considering the possibility that the board may have made a monumental **** up.

It seems many fans feel as if questioning the boards decisions somehow makes them a bad fan.

Holy ****ing shit, you are Poyet. No doubt, either actually Gus or Diego is the question now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here