Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Yes, "has been informed today", is clear and unambiguous, and means that he knew of his sacking before the BBC gig. He might not have known that the club was going to put a statement out at that time, but that's not the point; the point is that the club played it by the rules and told him before they went public. There's no way that the club lawyers would have approved doing it the other way round.

Clearly the statement was issued precisely because the club knew that Poyet could not be trusted not to announce his own sacking on live Tv, so the statement came out first.

It beats me why NSC is full of people saying this makes the club a laughing stock, shows no class, blah blah blah.. BHAFC seems to have some very thin skinned fans. A little-watched BBC channel gets a minor Sunday evening scoop about a second division football club manager getting the boot, generates a few half-baked comments on twitter... er... that's it. The world will continue to turn undisturbed, BHAFC will appoint another manager as soon as the legal shenanigans enable them to, and the club will probably continue on its upward trajectory.

Agree with all of this.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There is an aspect of this that hasn't been considered yet, and that is what if Tanno turns up for work tomorrow? He is not going to want to resign and lose out on his compensation either is he?

I'm not sure that Gus would ask or expect his friend to resign and lose out financially. Especially when it could draw out this whole sorry saga by making us have to pay to get rid of him as well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes, "has been informed today", is clear and unambiguous, and means that he knew of his sacking before the BBC gig. He might not have known that the club was going to put a statement out at that time, but that's not the point; the point is that the club played it by the rules and told him before they went public. There's no way that the club lawyers would have approved doing it the other way round.

Clearly the statement was issued precisely because the club knew that Poyet could not be trusted not to announce his own sacking on live Tv, so the statement came out first.

It beats me why NSC is full of people saying this makes the club a laughing stock, shows no class, blah blah blah.. BHAFC seems to have some very thin skinned fans. A little-watched BBC channel gets a minor Sunday evening scoop about a second division football club manager getting the boot, generates a few half-baked comments on twitter... er... that's it. The world will continue to turn undisturbed, BHAFC will appoint another manager as soon as the legal shenanigans enable them to, and the club will probably continue on its upward trajectory.

what planet are you on. It is a bit more than a few messages on twitter. It will die don, blow over or whatever, but it seems to be a monumental PR disaster.... And p

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The only odd thing is the club putting out a statement probably knowing he was working as a pundit tonight.

He gets to react to it to a much wider audience than the club.

Very very strange. Who thought that was a good idea. Club needs help on the PR front.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The only odd thing is the club putting out a statement probably knowing he was working as a pundit tonight.

He gets to react to it to a much wider audience than the club.

Very very strange. Who thought that was a good idea. Club needs help on the PR front.

Unless they had to do it in case released the info on live TV, they had to make the announcement before

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Unless they had to do it in case released the info on live TV, they had to make the announcement before

I think this is what happened. Imagine the shitstorm on here if Gus had announced he was out of a job on live TV before the club had released a statement. The club did the right thing in my opinion.

smelly

May 23, 2004
My reading is:
1.We are trying to avoid paying him off.
2. Proper employment tribunal carried out found him guilty of gross misconduct( whatever the conduct was we might never know)
3. Any permanent appointment would prejudice his appeal.
4. Appoint new " permanent" manager to avoid constructive dismissal allegation.
5 next appointment regard as permanent

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The club statement was not online at 1914 as stated. I do not care what people are saying, the time of the statement was moments after the tweet came out at. Get the time of the tweet and you have an accurate time of the statement (2000hrs). This was also when Nick Szczepanik and Andy Naylor put out there 'something is about to happen' tweets.

Gus had been on-air and the first half had started. Just look at the clubs tweet timeline if you dont believe me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Of all the mornings I get up wondering if anything has happened (I'm 8 hours ahead), Monday morning here, Sunday night where you are, was NOT top of the times I thought I would wake up to any important news.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am not speculating. I wouldn't do such a thing. If I speak, I have done the required reading.

I wouldn't throw a punch at, say, a Managing Director. Certainly not woth CCTV watching. I just wouldn't.

I respect you as a poster and therefore i am gonna go with....

HOLY AMAZEBALLS BATMAN!!!!! :ohmy:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The club statement was not online at 1914 as stated. I do not care what people are saying, the time of the statement was moments after the tweet came out at. Get the time of the tweet and you have an accurate time of the statement (2000hrs). This was also when Nick Szczepanik and Andy Naylor put out there 'something is about to happen' tweets.

Gus had been on-air and the first half had started. Just look at the clubs tweet timeline if you dont believe me.

The way it usually happens is the statement is timed when it is released to the press and embargoed until a time in the future, in this case the press got it at 19:14 and told it would be made public at 20:00 which is when it went live on the clubs website.
Not sure this happened in this case but it did on a release I was involved with but you are right it went public at 8pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here