Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea - Why are you not going?

Chelse - Main reason for not attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
I hate chelsea.

Absolutely, never denied it, but I support Brighton & Hove Albion, indeed ALL forms of Sussex football. 30 quid plus travel from London, plus food and beer plus kicked out of my WSU seat doesn't bother me in the slightest. Haven't seen an Albion v Chels game since 1973 and am well looking forward to it. Apologies to the moaners for having a positive attitude, I'll slap my wrists.

some of those who saw one in 1983 arn't so keen to bend over and take it up the arse though

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A variety of reasons...

• It's Chelsea
• It's expensive
• Can't afford that AND going to the Kuipers' match - and my priority is FDM
• I'm not in my own seat (though that's not a major one - I wouldn't have minded sitting in the East for this one)
• It's my better half's birthday

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
So there are 4000 Chelsea fans coming for a day out in the summer and when they're pissed and bored, they can throw all sorts at the Brighton fans below them?? :facepalm:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not overly bothered, not a fan of pre season friendlies. However I do like going to see the Albion pre season at some of the local grounds.

Jameson

Will give the Chelsea game a miss, seems quite pricey and I think we should all turn up to the Reading game to support the FDM. Plus Hastings away game, those two will do nicely for me.

I also feel we've let Dagenham down, IMHO.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I bet all those people moaning are the same people who have moaned in previous years at the lack of quality opposition in our pre season friendlies !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So there are 4000 Chelsea fans coming for a day out in the summer and when they're pissed and bored, they can throw all sorts at the Brighton fans below them?? :facepalm:

True. Even if just 5% deposit 'stuff' to the lower 2 tiers, the club will regret their treatment of home fans.
This is an open invitation to scum, and yes CFC very much still have an element of some horrible people, to cause mischief and a couple of stewards standing at the bottom of each aisle ain't going to stop them.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
Price too much , cud be a very low grade chelsea side playing a boring friendly and why wont the ground ammendments be done by then? wud stop all this moaning about seats etc this game is 4th august the first home league game is only 2 weeks later so if the work done had got a move on cud have been finished ready for chelsea game

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
They're the European Champions ffs, £30 is reasonable. If it was Barca then people wouldn't have any objections. :facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Unless you get in there early and are able to book it - i dont think you get your own seat which you are of course already paying a minimum of £400 a year for. Having second thoughts on it, £30 isnt an awful price but it is a but excessive, if anything there should of been a STH discount, maybe half-price or do a 2-for-1 ticket with FDM's testimonial (maybe both for £30 for STHs).

Also seriously think that WSU STHs should have priority on buying any tickets as they are already inconvenienced.

Actually, I agree with that. The WSU people should have first choice, considering they are being moved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here