Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea - Why are you not going?

Chelse - Main reason for not attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
In WSU and think its a complete f'ing joke the price of a ticket and being moved. Chelsea and there plastics can enjoy there day out, I won't be there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But surely then you are just passing the problem on to other stands not being able to book their own seats!

No, I don't think so. WSU have to move, they should have first priority in my opinion. Not all of them, obviously, not all will have the loyalty points required. I don't really think it matters too much anyway, not for the friendly.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How much was it to watch the likes of Yeovil in a league game at Withdean ? Am pretty sure it was £25+ can't believe people are moaning at paying another fiver to see the European Champions at The Amex

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
A combination of going on holiday two days after where the money would be useful, and wanting to sit in my own seat

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
must admit kind of pissed off about this.just got my season ticket for wsu and wanted to take my brother who is an arsenal fan and his step son who is a chelski fan to show them the view..its more expensive than i thought it would be for a friendly and to be honest i remember the scum bags from 83 and have pretty much hated them with a vengence since then.il be going to the fdm match instead now as he has my respect unlike that west london lot

DEN_WSU

Jan 5, 2012
Brighton
I'm going and actually quite looking forward to using the opportunity to sit in a different seat to 'my' one in the WSU... Hoping to be in the east or north rather than WSL if possible.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And the Chelsea game isn't just a pre-season friendly, but a match against the European Champions. If we win, do they have to hand over the trophy to us at the end?
No, it IS just a pre-seaon friendly, an exhibition match. If they DID have to hand us the Champions' League trophy and the FA Cup if we beat them, then it would be worth the money as they'd take it seriously! But at the end of the day (as we all know how irrelevant the results of friendly games are) the match means nothing and Chelsea will approach it as such the same as Spurs did last year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I think it's brilliant that we're playing them that day instead of just Dagenham or whoever it was, but this thread was about why people individually aren't attending. For me personally I think £30 quid is a bit steep to watch a glorified training session. Others may disagree and that's fine, I'm not saying they're 'stupid' or anything, you can spend your money how you like.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Whatever happens this will sell out. The interesting and telling thing will be how far down loyalty scale we go. If we get to the 150 point mark or below, even to the no point mark.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Have you got football tickets for that day?

-----

I'll probably only go to the Lewes match as I'm on holiday from the 7th. I've got men's quarter final at Wembley that day.

Nope, Hockey tickets.
I do have tickets for the football on July 29th though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Main reason is the cost. Why charge more for a match that does not matter than one that could potentially decide the future of the club- i e any of our league fixtures this season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Main reason is the cost. Why charge more for a match that does not matter than one that could potentially decide the future of the club- i e any of our league fixtures this season.

It could be a match that help to decide the future of the club - some of the Chelsea youngsters might choose to go on loan to the Albion.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The cost, although I don't think it's outrageous. I want to go to the Reading, Lewes and Hastings games, and I don't think I could afford another £30 on top. To be honest I probably shouldn't go to those three, but I think it should be a bit of fun for not much money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here