Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea - Why are you not going?

Chelse - Main reason for not attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I won't be going because my seat in the East is one of those temporarily out of commission, and I imagine there won't be 10,000 STHs who won't be going.

However, I do think £30 for a pre-season friendly, whoever it is, is ridiculous, as is giving Chelsea nearly 25 per cent of the tickets. Their 'needs' are secondary. Surely not the 'Barber Effect' already...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I know, ex Prem Champs, FA Cup holders, European Champs... it's only f***ing Chelsea... £30? Rip off!! Now if it were Real Madrid I'd cream my knickers at £35! :facepalm:

Chelsea are just a bankrolled club, little history, shit ground, captained by John Terry. Forgive me if I don't cream my knickers! I'd watch any of the other 90 clubs before them. Pleased for us as it'll be a little earner though.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
£30 to see a pre-season friendly is a bit steep, and going on the Spurs game last year if they DO play all the stars (and it isn't just a Chelsea XI) they'll only be going at it half-paced. Despite the fact I've got Amex withdrawal symptons like you wouldn't believe I think I'll probably do just the Reading game as that's for FDM.

Would agree with this. We'll probably do Worthing and the Reading game for FDM.
Cost is a bit toppy, but then again a few years we would have been in dreamland if we'd heard we'd got a pre-season friendly against the Champions League winners and FA Cup winners.
A better move would have been to give them 2000 tickets and stick them in the East.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not agree with paying for friendlies which in effect is an open practice game for both teams so I feel that admission should be free on application for a ticket for STH and then after a given time open for anybody else to apply. as a good will/ thank you gesture. I know that it will never happen but I can dream.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
But Spurs wasn't just the game, it was the whole 'opening the stadium' event.

This. There is absolutely no comparison to be made between the two games. I'd've paid a lot more than £30 for that one.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Chelsea are just a bankrolled club, little history, shit ground, captained by John Terry. Forgive me if I don't cream my knickers! I'd watch any of the other 90 clubs before them. Pleased for us as it'll be a little earner though.

he's a Chelsea fan

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thankfully on holiday

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The main reason im not going is that ive got Olympic tickets for that day.

Have you got football tickets for that day?

-----

I'll probably only go to the Lewes match as I'm on holiday from the 7th. I've got men's quarter final at Wembley that day.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LC match vs Liverpool for 1 adult & 1 child = £38
FRIENDLY vs Chelsea for 1 adult & 1 child = £47

Doesn't make sense to me at all..plus I have to move seats.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If I wanted to watch chelski's reserve team I would.....
Well actually I wouldn't anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I wanted to watch chelski's reserve team I would.....
Well actually I wouldn't anyway.

This. You'll be watching a team of dead men playing in Chelsea shirts while Terry, Lampard, Cole and all the other arseholes are playing against New York Red Bulls over in the States (or elsewhere) while another Chelsea eleven are taking on Celtic on the same day up in Glasgow.

£30!

:)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'll be working elsewhere, but would have paid to be there if I could, even if I couldn't have my WSU seat.

This feels a bit like the Sunderland seat price debate last season. Chelsea, like it or not, are European Champions, and I have a feeling that plenty of people will be happy to pay to see us play them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This. You'll be watching a team of dead men playing in Chelsea shirts while Terry, Lampard, Cole and all the other arseholes are playing against New York Red Bulls over in the States (or elsewhere) while another Chelsea eleven are taking on Celtic on the same day up in Glasgow.

£30!

:)

Chelsea finish their US jaunt on July 26, so I imagine it'll be a pretty strong team (for the first 45 minutes)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I not sure if I'm going but hope to. Will have to sit in a different seat and whilst I would prefer my seat in the WSU, not about to throw a hissy fit about it. As for price, they are the reigning champions of Europe and not sure but think the last time we had a team in that position was probably back in 1983 with Aston Villa (stand to be corrected). Will be pissed of if I splash out and Chelski play their reserves though. Final thought, this seems to have been hastily arranged and I wonder whether this is part of a deal to get some players on loan. Yes they have 4k seats but that's a small price to pay if we can pick up some outstanding youngsters. Good to build relationships with some of the big clubs. We are already well in with Arsenal via Brady and maybe Spurs through GPs connections. For obvious reasons we are unlikely to get anything from Utd.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll be there, in my usual seat in the heart of the East. :clap:

Expensive month though, there's no way I'd miss the Kuipers testimonial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here