Chelsea - Why are you not going?

Chelse - Main reason for not attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
None of those, I just don't bother watching friendlies anymore whether it's £5 or £30, I've got more important things to spend my money on than watching a half-hearted kickabout.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Reading game if far more important so will save my money for that. Would hope that people who go to watch the Chelsea game are there again to support the FDM

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Well if there's so many people not going then maybe I'll have a chance getting a ticket! Is it based on loyalty points or first come? I have serious Amex withdrawal symptoms and just want to get in there and have a pie. Plus I'll be working for the Reading game and have limited holiday which I need to save for the Tuesday league games!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Reading game if far more important so will save my money for that. Would hope that people who go to watch the Chelsea game are there again to support the FDM

It's a shame they couldn't have done a deal. Buy a FDM ticket get £10 knocked off the Chelsea game if bought together, or something to help generate a decent crowd for FDM.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan.

This place is so depressing at times. If you want to go, go. If not let some sussex based families enjoy a day out at the Amex, even if their sole reason for doing so is to watch Chelsea. You never know, they just might get the bug and come back on a rainy November evening against Bristol City.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Going to Goodwood that day instead (not due to the price , or seats or whatever but it's been arranged for ages)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Family wedding.
If I wasn't at the family wedding, it's because there'll be Chelski in my seat.
If there wasn't to be Chelski in my seat, it's because it's too f***ing expensive!

alan917

Aug 5, 2005
combination of being moved out of my seat and an excessive price. We only paid £27 for liverpool, sunderland and newcastle in cup games last year. £30 for seeing some internationals and then reserves who you probably never heard of in 2nd half.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Don't like friendlies. Might have been a lot more interested in either of the Champions League losing semi-finalists,or indeed any other top foreign team( though not Rangers Newco FC).But it's hard to get interested in games with multiple subbing,no tackling (except@ Longford) and some away fan sitting where you usually sit.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not too worried about not being able to go in my normal WSU seat, I don't mind a chance to sit in a different part of the ground.

But I'm not that fussed about seeing Chelsea and £30 for a friendly is steep. If I don't go that will probably be the main thing.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'll be there, in my usual seat in the heart of the East. :clap:

Unless you get in there early and are able to book it - i dont think you get your own seat which you are of course already paying a minimum of £400 a year for. Having second thoughts on it, £30 isnt an awful price but it is a but excessive, if anything there should of been a STH discount, maybe half-price or do a 2-for-1 ticket with FDM's testimonial (maybe both for £30 for STHs).

Also seriously think that WSU STHs should have priority on buying any tickets as they are already inconvenienced.

D

Deleted member 18477

Rarely bother with pre-season friendlies anyway (last year was different with the new stadium and that), but £30 and being turfed out of my seat for what will probably be a load of Sussex based plastic's is taking the piss imho.

This!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
At those prices I usually wouldn't bother but that said as I'm missing the first three home games I'll be going just to get my Amex fix.

I'll sell my seats to those games back to the club so those tickets minus the small handling fee will pay for my Chelsea/Reading/Crawley tickets. :D

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You have some affinity for Chelsea though?

Absolutely, never denied it, but I support Brighton & Hove Albion, indeed ALL forms of Sussex football. 30 quid plus travel from London, plus food and beer plus kicked out of my WSU seat doesn't bother me in the slightest. Haven't seen an Albion v Chels game since 1973 and am well looking forward to it. Apologies to the moaners for having a positive attitude, I'll slap my wrists.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan.

This place is so depressing at times. If you want to go, go. If not let some sussex based families enjoy a day out at the Amex, even if their sole reason for doing so is to watch Chelsea. You never know, they just might get the bug and come back on a rainy November evening against Bristol City.

Exactly what I was thinking. We have a friendly against the champions of Europe yet everyone wants to moan.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Exactly what I was thinking. We have a friendly against the champions of Europe yet everyone wants to moan.

Here here NSC is far to negative at times! But it always had been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here