Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo or £100M

Which would you prefer ?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know that there has been more crap written on this subject than any other in the history of mankind.

So it's very simple, which would you prefer ?
if he's settled and wants to play for us then the man ......if he wants to go to the LUNDAN idiots , Arsenal or Liverpool for 100 mill then let him go , i hope he settles and kicks on though.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Imo we should take £100m. If he takes a bad tackle, is injured and then never the same player again that is an awful lot of money lost (ignoring the sad end to his career). That's a cash in figure for me, definitely.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
....except as far as I know, nobody's offering £100M.
Furthermore Tony makes the decisions it's his choice. He wouldn't lose 100m though, he hasn't got it. He'd potentially lose the 4m or so we paid for him.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The thing is, Moises can do so much better than Chelsea. Much better. Much, much better. Stay here for another year, enjoy our European adventure and the experience that will give him, continue to develop under a brilliant coach, then go to a proper prestigious club if he still is keen. With hindsight, he’ll thank Brighton for saving him from himself.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
In my opinion if Chelsea push this to the wire thinking they will get him they are deluded. Leave us no time to secure, potentially another signing?............Na, don't think so.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
I genuinely think staying with Brighton for another season is better for him in the long run. But injuries can happen so can't blame him if he pushes the move. For the club, having him in the squad this coming season is very valuable and counterweights it if his selling price goes down in the next summer.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The sort of bland assumption that there are loads of players out there better than Caicedo that we can go out and replace him with is rather touching, really.....
I certainly wasn’t making any such assumptions if that was how you read my post - quite the opposite - or did I misunderstand why you were directing the comment at my post? 😗

We will continue to sign one or two players a season that will be highly lucrative sell-ons because that’s what we are good at - spotting potential and uncapped talent - but there is no doubt, the flip side is that those players will always be harder to replace than the rank and file players, simply because exceptional talent is hard to find or well above our price range -

Meanwhile, flipping the bird at Chelsea‘s £80m offer after their raid on us last season feels good 😁

… and Chelsea is toxic for any player which Moises I’m sure will be aware of

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
In my opinion if Chelsea push this to the wire thinking they will get him they are deluded. Leave us no time to secure, potentially another signing?............Na, don't think so.
If the club sells for 100m we won’t be buying a replacement, PB has said the weakest negotiation position is with a pocket full of cash and no player. If he’s being sold the replacement will already be at the club.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I know that there has been more crap written on this subject than any other in the history of mankind.

So it's very simple, which would you prefer ?
It's a good question. It focuses one's thoughts: now I am wondering, which would be better. I think £100m is about the amount of money that would be required to make losing a player of the calibre and potential of Caicedo acceptable, given that he would be going to one of our wannabe rivals. With him in their team, they would come closer to our level, and we don't want that.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The thing is, Moises can do so much better than Chelsea. Much better. Much, much better. Stay here for another year, enjoy our European adventure and the experience that will give him, continue to develop under a brilliant coach, then go to a proper prestigious club if he still is keen. With hindsight, he’ll thank Brighton for saving him from himself.
If he stays another season, I honestly think the likes of Real Madrid and PSG will be in for him next summer (or maybe January, depending on how their seasons are going)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To put it into context, 100m is like every season ticket holder giving the club an extra 4K to spend on top of their usual renewals - a big chunk of cash.

However, I still think that we keep. He’ll still be worth that next summer, and who knows how much extra prize money having him in the team will generate?

Also, we had transfer income of over 150m last season and have already sold players for over 50m this window so it’s not as if we urgently need the ££.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, but do you honestly believe - knowing how the Albion is set up - things would get to this stage and at least two targets not been identified? Probably more than that - conversations have probably taken place about hypothetical situations.

But despite that, it's still squad disruption, so Tony is more likely to tell Chelsea Todd to do one.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Someone needs to have a word with Moises. Chelsea would not good be a good move. Yeah they have Poch, but for how much longer? If he wants to stay in England, then Citeh, The Arse, Liverpool and even ManUre would be the best big clubs to go to.

Funny how Liverpool didn't go back to Palace after Beaky got silly about that midfielder's value. Chelsea's persistence shows they want him whereas Liverpool plainly don't.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I choose Moises to stay all day long, but there is also another important aspect to doing this that hasn’t been mentioned which is the fact this sends a big message to RDZ that we won’t sell our best players freely, and he would have Caceido in his squad in our biggest season in the club’s history

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Chelsea… OVER 100m PLUS wages above what Brighton pay him - for EIGHT years.

That’s a f***ing massively difficult wank for Boehly

Really smart post by 'osboy' on Chelsea's 'theshedend' -

"Not really about Caicedo but the price of talent isn’t linear. What I mean is that you can pay a big premium maybe 30-40-50% for a player that is only 5-10%. “better”

you want to win you have to have the best players or at least the best team. And even if you win by only 1 point in 85 over the season it’s worth a lot more in every way than coming second.
"

In order to meet their aspirations Chelsea need to have the best - not second best.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Take the 100 million give them Joey the NW corner response steward who looks a tiny bit like Caciedo, Chelsea's recruitment team probably wouldn't even notice for a couple of seasons

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. Shit club now but multi-millions flooding in - or multi-millions in 12 monrhs time at a decent club. Hope his agent(s) are up to looking after his interests rather than their own!
I certainly wasn’t making any such assumptions if that was how you read my post - quite the opposite - or did I misunderstand why you were directing the comment at my post? 😗

We will continue to sign one or two players a season that will be highly lucrative sell-ons because that’s what we are good at - spotting potential and uncapped talent - but there is no doubt, the flip side is that those players will always be harder to replace than the rank and file players, simply because exceptional talent is hard to find or well above our price range -

Meanwhile, flipping the bird at Chelsea‘s £80m offer after their raid on us last season feels good 😁

… and Chelsea is toxic for any player which Moises I’m sure will be aware of
Not you particularly - just a general trend that seems to be quite common on here - if we lose Caicedo we'll go and find his (improved) replacement. Caicedo is so good though, that there just aren't many - if any - players out there better than him.
Finding them and signing them for the Albion isn't just as routine as some people seem to think!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here