Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo or £100M

Which would you prefer ?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Caciedo allday long, knowing Chelsea and their inability to spot a talent we will have rinse and repeat with Adringa come the end of the season

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'm going to go ever so slightly against the grain here, not being Contrairan Stat, because obviously I want Caicedo to stay for ever and ever but...

£100m...

... It's a huge chunk of cash.
It validates the whole clubs ethos.
It draws a line in the sand (I'm looking at you Evan and Jose)
Billy Gilmour (Billy Gilmour) can and will step up.
I trust the club.
I definitely trust RDZ to find a work around
& It's a huge chunk of cash.

I want him to stay, but I'll not be crying 'we're doomed' into my wheatabix.

If we have to suck it up and get used to selling £100,000,000 rated players, so be it, we've been in worse situations.
Im relaxed either way to be honest. And we know that a good chunk of that cash will be earmarked for further improvements to the squad. Evolution innit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Out of interest are we paying Moises the salary of a £100m player?

Wonder why he’d be pissed off if we didn’t allow him to move.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Im relaxed either way to be honest. And we know that a good chunk of that cash will be earmarked for further improvements to the squad. Evolution innit.
That's pretty much it.
To put my post more succinctly:-

I trust the club (Mr Bloom) with £100m.
I trust RDZ to deal with the fallout.

I'd be amazed if any fan of any other EPL club would honestly say that.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The thing is, it’s not really an either/or. There’s a very good chance that we keep Moises for this season, then sell him for £100m next summer. At the moment there only seems to be one team interested (Chelsea), whereas next summer there could easily be a few more. And I guess that’s the reason TB and Co are not going to sell Caicedo for much less than £100m now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm going to go ever so slightly against the grain here, not being Contrairan Stat, because obviously I want Caicedo to stay for ever and ever but...

£100m...

... It's a huge chunk of cash.
It validates the whole clubs ethos.
It draws a line in the sand (I'm looking at you Evan and Jose)
Billy Gilmour (Billy Gilmour) can and will step up.
I trust the club.
I definitely trust RDZ to find a work around
& It's a huge chunk of cash.

I want him to stay, but I'll not be crying 'we're doomed' into my wheatabix.

If we have to suck it up and get used to selling £100,000,000 rated players, so be it, we've been in worse situations.
I feel the same. It’s a hell of a lot of money, he’s a wonderful player who’s only young but I don’t think we’ll ever get much more for a player in that position. The stars have aligned that we can ask that much this summer.

We’ve spent a lot of money already this summer which as Bozza mentioned before, I imagine was on the assumption we would be selling him and we still need to buy some full backs quite urgently.

We also have some really talented centre midfielders at the club before we even sign a replacement.

Obviously if he stays I’ll still be delighted, especially as it would piss off that lot again.

But as you say, whatever, I have total faith the club will do the right thing and we’ll be stronger in the long run whatever we do.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's pretty much it.
To put my post more succinctly:-

I trust the club (Mr Bloom) with £100m.
I trust RDZ to deal with the fallout.

I'd be amazed if any fan of any other EPL club would honestly say that.

It is strange. I'm desperate to keep Caecido for another year, but if TB/PBOBE/RDZ say otherwise, I'll back them all the way :thumbsup:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I actually put the money. It would be different (for me) if I thought Caicedo would stay in the same way Dunk did and become some kind of legend but I think he has made it pretty clear he wants to leave and go elsewhere.

We will have to do without him soon anyway and in football anything can happen, injury, a bad season where his value goes down. The Brighton model relies on players moving on to some extent, like without Bissouma going, Caicedo doesn’t play and develop. Without the money for sales coming in, then those wonder kids and even established players we want like Kudus, don’t get bought.
Have to disagree. We have a great player we should hold onto for at least another season. His value will increase

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The media is assuming that we are holding out for 100M,
would be funny if it’s more
Yes I think at least 100m is the figure Tony will accept

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unless Boehly starts talking about a deal including Colwill, I'd say keep him.

I wonder if the deal (of dourse there wasn't one) or the agreement (of course there wasn't one of those either!) implicit (which it wasn't - and of course there was no sell-on clause either)- in the contract he signed earlier this year wasn't concluded with something along the lines of 'play one more full season for us, then we won't stand in your way'?
Even if we sell him for 'only' £70 or £80M then, it would still be good business for us - and career wise (apart from instant financial gratification),there might be interest in him at that price from better clubs to go to than Clhelsea.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I feel the same. It’s a hell of a lot of money, he’s a wonderful player who’s only young but I don’t think we’ll ever get much more for a player in that position. The stars have aligned that we can ask that much this summer.

We’ve spent a lot of money already this summer which as Bozza mentioned before, I imagine was on the assumption we would be selling him and we still need to buy some full backs quite urgently.

We also have some really talented centre midfielders at the club before we even sign a replacement.

Obviously if he stays I’ll still be delighted, especially as it would piss off that lot again.

But as you say, whatever, I have total faith the club will do the right thing and we’ll be stronger in the long run whatever we do.
Ignoring the massive player sales profit we made in recent windows

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We have just knocked back 80m so I guess the club is not in desperate need of the finances, we are a football club and therefore what happens on the pitch should be our focus, so as it's not my money I will go with keeping strong players. If we want to be a consistent top ten club then we need player's of class in the squad rather than the market. Plus if we can keep players and continue playing great football, the revenue from new fans will come in.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I voted keep, but it’s not my money. For what it’s worth I don’t think we will let him go unless we feel we have a suitable replacement. I think all bids will be rejected until that is in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here