Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo or £100M

Which would you prefer ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know that there has been more crap written on this subject than any other in the history of mankind.

So it's very simple, which would you prefer ?

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Even if we sell Caicedo for £100M it’s unlikely to be £100M in one go it’ll probably be like half now and the rest when certain targets are met or something. Having Caicedo for another season would be far more valuable and given the way the market is going we can probably get even more in a years time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I personally am likely to get far more pleasure from watching Caicedo than knowing TB has another 100 million in his bank account so complete selfish no brainer

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Caicedo, flog him for more to someone outside the PL next year

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I actually put the money. It would be different (for me) if I thought Caicedo would stay in the same way Dunk did and become some kind of legend but I think he has made it pretty clear he wants to leave and go elsewhere.

We will have to do without him soon anyway and in football anything can happen, injury, a bad season where his value goes down. The Brighton model relies on players moving on to some extent, like without Bissouma going, Caicedo doesn’t play and develop. Without the money for sales coming in, then those wonder kids and even established players we want like Kudus, don’t get bought.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I personally think that another season with the Albion, in the premier league and Europe, and then seeing who has actually qualified for the Champions League and who is getting better next summer, whilst playing in the best development environment anywhere in Europe, may be better for Moisés than a 21 year old trying to turn around a very rich, but very troubled club.

I'm obviously only thinking of the player.

And, as long as the Albion don't qualify for the Champions League, everything will be so much clearer come next summer :wink:

SteveU

May 31, 2022
He’ll demand a better price at the end of next season than now, if we can’t call convince him to stay past that.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What do we spend the £100m on. A MASSIVE Fridat night drinking session?
We could hire a decent private investigator to find out where all the cup final money went?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to go ever so slightly against the grain here, not being Contrairan Stat, because obviously I want Caicedo to stay for ever and ever but...

£100m...

... It's a huge chunk of cash.
It validates the whole clubs ethos.
It draws a line in the sand (I'm looking at you Evan and Julio)
Billy Gilmour (Billy Gilmour) can and will step up.
I trust the club.
I definitely trust RDZ to find a work around
& It's a huge chunk of cash.

I want him to stay, but I'll not be crying 'we're doomed' into my wheatabix.

If we have to suck it up and get used to selling £100,000,000 rated players, so be it, we've been in worse situations.

Last edited:

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I trust tony and rdz to make the decision, this is well out of my pay grade, only rdz knows Moses mind set so what ever the club decides I’m with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here