[Albion] Caicedo or £100M

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which would you prefer ?

• Total voters

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
have him here for another season, then he will be worth even more, much more than Chelsea could afford. That would fu.k twice over

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Easy keep. It’s not my £100 mill but watching Moises in this team is great and I want to keep doing that

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even if we sell Caicedo for £100M it’s unlikely to be £100M in one go it’ll probably be like half now and the rest when certain targets are met or something. Having Caicedo for another season would be far more valuable and given the way the market is going we can probably get even more in a years time.
It’ll likely be a £100m. Inferior Rice set the benchmark.

But paid in instalments, the norm for all clubs, over two or three years.

The fee itself won’t be £50m plus add ons.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Moises looks at the bigger picture, another good season with us including European footy, which he won't be getting at Chelsea, would have far greater clubs than them coming in for him with bids in excess of £100m
But for him personally probably £3M-£5M worse off in wages !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it's 'what would I prefer', then I'd prefer him for another year. So I hope Chelsea don't bid more. But if they do bid that, then you have to take into account what Caicedo wants, and we're not wanting to hold people against their wishes when we've been offered a fair price.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Can’t we keep caicedo and resell cucurella and potter to Chelsea for 100M? Surely that’s the only logical thing

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I feel the same. It’s a hell of a lot of money, he’s a wonderful player who’s only young but I don’t think we’ll ever get much more for a player in that position. The stars have aligned that we can ask that much this summer.

We’ve spent a lot of money already this summer which as Bozza mentioned before, I imagine was on the assumption we would be selling him and we still need to buy some full backs quite urgently.

We also have some really talented centre midfielders at the club before we even sign a replacement.

Obviously if he stays I’ll still be delighted, especially as it would piss off that lot again.

But as you say, whatever, I have total faith the club will do the right thing and we’ll be stronger in the long run whatever we do.
The money we’ve spent has actually been covered by the sale of Alexis ( inc add ons )

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hope everyone is having a good summer - the transfer window is looking quite comfortable so far 🙂

Re Moises - Firstly, I would say slightly tongue in cheek, why would any young PL player from a top 6 team want to go to down to Chelsea - it’s a toxic environment (and will be until they offload some of their overly bloated squad and their owner stops micromanaging the Club into chaos).

That said, It’s not all about the money though is it? It is also about the fact we have Europa, PL and all the domestic cups facing us this season that RDZ clearly wants to be fully and equally committed to (and we can assume as does Tony) and we are going to need our existing key heavy hitters for that - RDZ has said in several recent pressers that if we sold Moises, we would have to replace him with someone of the same calibre (ie not having the potential to replace him eventually but who can fill his boots now) and there is no one currently in the squad who can do that imo.

We have a much deeper squad now than this time last season but it’s looking slightly bloated in the midfield with players who are either getting on the mature side or are too young to have reached their potential to find an immediate replacement for a player like Moises among them. A like for like replacement for will cost us £££ms - I do think, having lost Mackie, an extra £20m here or there on top of Chelsea’s existing offer will not make a big difference if the Club envisage Moises as being a crucial part of our midfield campaign this season. He still has another 4 years on his contract (I think, doesn’t he? - signed new contract in March until 2027) so he doesn’t need to go anywhere yet.

If Moises does go this window, it wont be because the offers coming in are too good to turn down, as said above another £20m on top of what the club has turned down already won’t make a difference imo not as much as it needs to if we were to loose Moises - If Moises goes this window, I believe it will be because our scouting team already have a midfield replacement in mind that is of the same calibre (and whom by now have already approached and are in quiet conversations with) or can see a quality in our current crop of midfielders that will allow us to absorb the loss without pain. I suspect it would the former.

If it were up to me - Absolutely don’t sell this season - ( not ever to Chelsea and certainly not for any realistic transfer fee to anyone) unless we have an immediate replacement of equal or better calibre (which will leave us change in the bank)

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Easily Caicedo for another season, not even a doubt in my mind. Money means nothing when every other club will know we have the money and so every player we sign becomes triple the price.

Also the salty moron chelsea fans on social media will shut up then, never known a more toxic and entitled fan base, tell you what pisses me off most is being told by fans of other clubs that it’s a good offer, jog on.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Moises for me, but really it’s a win win for us. If we get the full whack, and we know Tony isn’t going to back down, then we will almost definitely pull the trigger on a replacement plus we’ll have a dick load of capital to reinvest in more areas.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does anyone else ever have to have a quick reality check about the sums of money involved?

Even if he goes nowhere in the next month and a bit, Brighton and Hove Albion have rejected SEVENTY MILLION pounds for a player. Seventy facking million pounds! Rejected by Brighton. Astonishing.

Edit: now EIGHTY million 😳

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports