[Albion] Caicedo or £100M

Which would you prefer ?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree - which is why sometimes and at certain times, a player’s intrinsic value to a current squad is more than the realistic market value that a club would get if they sold him at that particular point in his club career.

There’s another reason that I don’t think has been mentioned yet and it maybe only a side issue - However, Saudi’s purchasing power in the European market ( particularly in the form of PIF) will continue to see highly lucrative contracts being offered to top PL and other top European players as they continue to develop their own league, (the way the PL has been doing for years to the rest of European leagues of course) - IMO, this will benefit ‘feeder’ clubs like ours, as it will inflate the market price of the top quality players in the Big 7 clubs/European clubs (not being able to compete with Saudi wage structures they will risk loosing some key players every transfer window and/or their ability to compete in the transfer market for top players in Europe will, unlike the Saudis, be unilaterally restricted by FFP - (Anyway I won’t be loosing any sleep over it - the more cream the Saudis skim off the Big 7 clubs the better AFAIC 🙂)

I don’t think we will really see the knock on effects for smaller clubs that the Saudis will have on European/PL clubs until next season but that’s another reason why it’s worth hanging on to our most lucrative players for the time being - Moises may see his market value tripled by next season if 2 or 3 Big 7 clubs have lost a few of their top defensive midfielders to the Saudis.
Wise words and plausible narrative.

Anyway, after watching us on the tellybox these last few days, apart from when down to ten or experimenting with the untried, we looked brutal. Everything at pace with no let up.

I would add that Eddie Howe is a fantastic coach. Nailed on to succeed wassisface at England, one assumes. If England can afford him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wise words and plausible narrative.

Anyway, after watching us on the tellybox these last few days, apart from when down to ten or experimenting with the untried, we looked brutal. Everything at pace with no let up.

I would add that Eddie Howe is a fantastic coach. Nailed on to succeed wassisface at England, one assumes. If England can afford him.
I've spoken to a lot of football fans today (of other clubs) that watched the Summer Series and the comments are the same - relentless, organised chaos, incredible, brutal. We are stepping up another level this season with or without Moises. RDZ is basically Bielsa with tactics.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've spoken to a lot of football fans today (of other clubs) that watched the Summer Series and the comments are the same - relentless, organised chaos, incredible, brutal. We are stepping up another level this season with or without Moises. RDZ is basically Bielsa with tactics.
Oh shit! A one season wonder then. Still, big Sam, Warnock or Dancing Alan should be available to pick up the pieces. :thumbsup:

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I say take 90m - we went broke not even 27 years ago for less than 1/10 of this amount. Our chairman needs to run a sustainable business, and get repaid for his gamble

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I say take 90m - we went broke not even 27 years ago for less than 1/10 of this amount. Our chairman needs to run a sustainable business, and get repaid for his gamble
It's not about the money. 10 million makes no difference. It's about us putting a value on a player. No way are we accepting less. And no way is that potential 90 million the difference between us going bust or not. They pay or he stays.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Take the 100 million give them Joey the NW corner response steward who looks a tiny bit like Caciedo, Chelsea's recruitment team probably wouldn't even notice for a couple of seasons
A bit like 'The Kid from Argentina' (for Roy of the Rovers fans)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I am seriously worried that we'll miss out of the Saudi mega payout for him in 2024 or 2025.

We need to either hold off any sale until then or insist on an eye-watering sell-on percentage.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As a fan, I'd personally like to see Moises in the stripes for 1 more season.

We could still get a great fee for him next summer but if we lose him now it will be disappointing to have had one of our best ever players play for a little over 1 season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not about the money. 10 million makes no difference. It's about us putting a value on a player. No way are we accepting less. And no way is that potential 90 million the difference between us going bust or not. They pay or he stays.
And the way TB and PB do business means no one outside of them knows exactly what that value is, with most just trying to second guess.

Also, I don't think Adders1 is saying we'll go broke without the £90m, we have a business model and that revolves around buying cheap and selling big and making the club sustainable and not turning them into a basketcase.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Cac is basically irreplaceable- he’s one of the best in his position internationally. If he goes we won’t be able to replace like for like and that will be detrimental to the squad. If he’s going we want top dollar. I’m really surprise Liverpool didn’t take the midfield package, but as others have said, Liverpool don’t pay the huge amounts some of the other top clubs do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But still within a financial year the club will want to be profitable. With £30M Pedro and other signings i don’t think you can say £10M makes no difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here