Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Barnes [Merge of many threads]

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
forgive me if already mentioned, but judging by the time of the original post, Barnes hadn't been sent off then.......any chance of next week's lottery numbers ??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How is the press treating it.

Obviously had it happened in the 'Greatest League in the World' TM it would been headline news TV radio and print.

So far he's not made it onto the front page of the BBC championship section.
Fingers crossed it says under the radar as I'm sure that will lessen the punishment.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Don't ever want to see him play for us again. Where are all his fans now?

Thoughts on saturday?

Agreed. He's a **** and he's shit.

:thumbsup:

Seems I am not alone in thinking he should not represent us again. I like Barnes as a player but please do not defend him for getting sent off again

Expected better from you [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION]

he's actually shite, just powerful and arrogant and i think gus picks him for subjectives reasons whatever they may be, pure donkey striker

But not from you @SnarkeyS

Barnes is getting the brunt of everyone's frustration. If he deserved a red then he's been silly but the fact is it didn't affect the game at all. Let's take the positives from today. Not many thought we'd get anything and it seems we deserved something...

The man, the myth, the legend [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] :bowdown:

It's Gus' fault.

He plays a player out of his depth week in week out in the championship. So It's no wonder Barnes gets frustrated. Ashley Barnes is a league 1 or 2 player....I wish I was. I hope he moves back down to the level he belongs as although I don't rate him and don't want him in an albion shirt (and I'm tempted to say told you so to a lot on here, but I am probably on their ignore lists anyhow.) he doesn't deserve some of the comments that will probably come his way.

Sympathetic, but clueless.

Barnes = T W A T

Hopefully finished with us now

Nope

Final Barnes Bounces. Richly overdue.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]

I was really annoyed with Barnes at the time for what he did and at the time that is how I felt. BUT, his performance on Saturday was excellent, not just because of the goals but because he did not moan, dive in or react once. I do not condone what he did but if he can turn his career and attitude around then great. I just hope he is not a Suarez and that he does not learn his lesson.

After the event I did make the prediction that Barnes would score the winner in the play-off final, let's hope that is the case.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I was really annoyed with Barnes at the time for what he did and at the time that is how I felt. BUT, his performance on Saturday was excellent, not just because of the goals but because he did not moan, dive in or react once. I do not condone what he did but if he can turn his career and attitude around then great. I just hope he is not a Suarez and that he does not learn his lesson.

After the event I did make the prediction that Barnes would score the winner in the play-off final, let's hope that is the case.

:love:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thoughts on saturday?

2 meaningless goals long after the opposition had given up, set up on a plate for him with some top class deliveries. Clearly isn't sorry for what he did if you listen to his post match interview which just confirmed to me he is as simple and they come and in no way deserving of a place anywhere near the first team squad. Should be sold on/sacked as quickly as possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone else had a quick scan through just to check how caught up in the moment, they got?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has anyone else had a quick scan through just to check how caught up in the moment, they got?
I haven't, I know I wouldn't have over-reacted like a clueless idiot (crosses fingers).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I have highlighted for you as I am sure you did not mean what you said.

Cheers !

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Think I picked out the best examples. Everyone else reacted angrily (fair enough) but didn't go as far as to make a ridiculously outlandish statement such as ones posted above.
I see McNulty's Other Kidney still wants him sacked. *Shrug*. Least he's consistent I suppose.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
In your world Barnes is x amount of times the striker CMS is, sadly though he'll never be the man!

My Barnes ambivalence is now officially over.
I was really down on him for Wednesday :lol: but he still had some credit post Arsenal.

That's all gone, I'm signing up to the Barnes Out Brigade (BOB for short)

So he's not the messiah!

Unless my memory is failing OGH didn't shoot himself and more importantly the team in the foot, as regularly as Barnes has this season.

He scythed down Orlandi too, the guy's a menace.

How is the press treating it.

Obviously had it happened in the 'Greatest League in the World' TM it would been headline news TV radio and print.

So far he's not made it onto the front page of the BBC championship section.
Fingers crossed it says under the radar as I'm sure that will lessen the punishment.

Saved you the trouble [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

Nothing from Triggaaar on the subject,

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
2 meaningless goals long after the opposition had given up, set up on a plate for him with some top class deliveries. Clearly isn't sorry for what he did if you listen to his post match interview which just confirmed to me he is as simple and they come and in no way deserving of a place anywhere near the first team squad. Should be sold on/sacked as quickly as possible.

You utter UTTER myopic 'tard.

Go & get your eyes tested & report back when you can see the Googling pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I haven't, I know I wouldn't have over-reacted like a clueless idiot (crosses fingers).
I pointed out I'd run out of my usual Barnes ambivalence, coming on the back of his Wed debacle, and he should go.
So not too bad by comparison.

Reading it then reminded me, on Saturday, I was straight back to being Barnes ambivalent again.
Sure he played well in a good side playing excellently against a poor poor side.
But with hindsight I'm struggling to place any real 'champagne' moments from him.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The reaction Barnes got when his name was read out and the way the North Stand in particular reacted to his goals and man of the match performance persuaded me once and for all that NSC does NOT represent the groundswell opinion of Brighton support.

A few posters on here have always dashed to their keyboards at the first sign of a stray pass, a missed shot or a perceived mental problem. Good to see they're over-represented on here, and a small (if occasionally vocal) minority in the crowd.

I'm a Barnes fan, as you will have guessed. I thought the tripping incident was daft and frustrating. Do I want an apology? Er, no.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sure he played well in a good side playing excellently against a poor poor side.
But with hindsight I'm struggling to place any real 'champagne' moments from him.
Indeed, he wasn't the difference between the two teams. But he did allow Ulloa to get a rest, and that was vital IMO. We are trying to get promoted, and having him in the squad will help - it's that simple really.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm no Barnes fan, far from it but I hold my hands up regarding Saturday, a very good performance and good for him. Lets see if he can do it week in, week out.

Dec 29, 2011
I thought we were allowed to bash Barnes, or was that last week? Don't dare go against the current NSC opinion on a player unless you want to risk ridicule :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here