BRITAIN's got no talent

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Thank you for your reported post, it will be dealt with as soon as one of us has the time to deal with it, we thank you for your assistance in this matter and we can assure you we will give it our best attention just as soon as we can.

:lolol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If you don't like it, don't watch it. it really is as simple as that.

It's really really not as simple as that though. The implications of the Cowell machine are far wider than the show itself. For example, the kid who you say had a few good jokes has been led to believe that th route to success in comedy is tO chase 5 minute of fame on a show which barely tests your talent, rather than putting in the years of graft, honing and learning that professional comedians have to go through. BGT is raising a generation of people who think having talent is practicing one song for a 5 minute audition before you've 'made it' and that can have nothing but damaging effect on the creative industries in general.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
So you think he'd have got through with that 'routine' if he was able-bodied? Absolute nonsense. It was garbage from start to finish. I'm no comedian but I could have written his script in ten minutes. He got through because he's both disabled and a child, and that clearly persuades a number of people to vote.

This his jokes were shit it he was not in a wheelchair he would have no chance

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So you think he'd have got through with that 'routine' if he was able-bodied? Absolute nonsense. It was garbage from start to finish. I'm no comedian but I could have written his script in ten minutes. He got through because he's both disabled and a child, and that clearly persuades a number of people to vote.

This his jokes were shit it he was not in a wheelchair he would have no chance

You two are a right pair of miserable clowns. If you didn't find him funny, you want to cheer up a bit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Remind yourself of how utterly terrible it was before you tell anyone to cheer up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Mn1EKzFKE

"I had a bit of trouble getting to the venue tonight. My mum got pulled over by the police and the policeman said 'What are you doing?' and I said 'Well you don't understand, I've got to get to the Britain's Got Talent live shows'. He said, 'What do you think you are? Some kind of comedian?'"

Jesus wept. Get him out of a wheelchair and the audience would have been jeering.

Well, I enjoyed it. And Onesie.

Jimmy Grimble

Remind yourself of how utterly terrible it was before you tell anyone to cheer up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Mn1EKzFKE

"I had a bit of trouble getting to the venue tonight. My mum got pulled over by the police and the policeman said 'What are you doing?' and I said 'Well you don't understand, I've got to get to the Britain's Got Talent live shows'. He said, 'What do you think you are? Some kind of comedian?'"

Jesus wept. Get him out of a wheelchair and the audience would have been jeering.

Oh my word. I haven't watched any of this show, but given the debate on here thought I'd give that a watch.

What a crock of shit that is. You are exactly right. Can only imagine that poor kid is going to be inflated well above his station and suffer a nasty fall from grace at some point.

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
I put my girlfriends band up this year for a laugh - they wernt very happy about it but went anyway due to me making them feel guilty if they didnt!- They got an audition and the cameras followed them around all day and the producers liked them - however the band didnt enjoy their experience and were constatntly aware of possible stitch ups when being interviewed etc with the things they try and get you to say. Upshot was they were asked back to do a full days filming with interviews about them but they politely declined the offer. Personally think they should have carried on as think they would have likely made live shows but they were a bit uncomfortable with the process.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sensationalist rubbish. Jack Carroll got through on merit and merit alone. To suggest anything else is utterly shameful and really quite pathetic.

Spot on. The boy was comedy gold, me and Mrs Crodo were crying with laughter at one stage, I couldn't catch my breath.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Jack and Gabz were the best two performers. However:

That bit was indeed absolutely appalling. To be fair, that was the only bit in his act that was truly shocking - the rest was passable.

Overall I have to agree with the general concensus that the standard really is truly dreadful. That Dutch bloke with the "key tar" for example. Jesus wept.

Stumpy Tim

Quite. It's not included in the video I linked to, but on the actual show one of the judges (I think it was Cowell) told him that he is going to be "the very best comedian in this country" or words to that effect. It really beggars belief. I reckon I personally know at least ten people who would put on a better comedy set than this kid is capable of.

I'm firmly in this camp. He was SHIT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports