Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRITAIN's got no talent

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Oh, I'm not sure, you might be being a bit generous there. How about?

"I'm off school this week. Don't get me wrong, I do like school, but it can be a very intimidating place. Just the other day I was walking through the canteen, saw a mug on the table and it said 'Robert's mug, hands off'. I thought 'It's clearly not my cup of tea'."

:lolol: :lolol:

He writes his own material too, the boy is detined to go far.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, I'm not sure, you might be being a bit generous there. How about?

"I'm off school this week. Don't get me wrong, I do like school, but it can be a very intimidating place. Just the other day I was walking through the canteen, saw a mug on the table and it said 'Robert's mug, hands off'. I thought 'It's clearly not my cup of tea'."
That was alright really. Sometimes it is the way you tell them.

But I agree with your premise that he was helped by a mawkish sentimentality to his disability. Besides which, my dad went on a stand-up course a few years back and at the end the whole class was asked to perform to an audience. I thought he was absolutely brilliant, to the extent that I wish he'd carried on. Certainly far funnier than anything I've seen on BGT including that Jack kid. My point being that I just don't think BGT showcases talent particularly well.

This is my dad's stand-up effort, after ONE course, and I'm sure there are funnier people than him out there.
[yt]XLEEfTDxXAo[/yt]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Spot on. The boy was comedy gold, me and Mrs Crodo were crying with laughter at one stage, I couldn't catch my breath.

lol.

You should go on the show Crodo. That post is far funnier than anything the lad in the wheelchair came out with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, he'll continue to attract votes because people feel sorry for him. .

Its not so much 'sorry for him', as a patronising 'oh how wonderful, that the little chap is making light of his disability, and how splendid that we can laugh along with him, rather than having to feel sorry for him'.

But yes, I agree.

The other problem he's got, apart from being shit, is that he only gets anywhere close to being mildly amusing when he pokes fun at his disability, i.e. the bit about cutting out the middle man with the charity donation. That's going to wear thin very quickly - see Jo Brand talking about being fat, Alan Carr on being gay etc. Once the fascination with a disabled comic has worn off, he's got no talent or decent scripts to fall back on.

Yep. This.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That was alright really. Sometimes it is the way you tell them.

But I agree with your premise that he was helped by a mawkish sentimentality to his disability. Besides which, my dad went on a stand-up course a few years back and at the end the whole class was asked to perform to an audience. I thought he was absolutely brilliant, to the extent that I wish he'd carried on. Certainly far funnier than anything I've seen on BGT including that Jack kid. My point being that I just don't think BGT showcases talent particularly well.

This is my dad's stand-up effort, after ONE course, and I'm sure there are funnier people than him out there.
[yt]XLEEfTDxXAo[/yt]

Well, you've put it up so I have to be honest. Your Dad is not funny. It was cringeworthy. Like watching a drunk, unfunny uncle make a fool of himself at a party. At best, very best, it was like a tolerable, barely tolerable wedding speech. Awful delivery, clunky, old jokes, and just not an engaging character. Don't post that again. As for the thread topic, I've never seen Britains got talent. It looks like the sort of thing ***** watch.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, you've put it up so I have to be honest. Your Dad is not funny. It was cringeworthy. Like watching a drunk, unfunny uncle make a fool of himself at a party. At best, very best, it was like a tolerable, barely tolerable wedding speech. Awful delivery, clunky, old jokes, and just not an engaging character. Don't post that again.
I can respect your opinion nibble but why post "don't post that again"? Seems a bit childish and designed to provoke a reaction, which it won't.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can respect your opinion nibble but why post "don't post that again"? Seems a bit childish and designed to provoke a reaction, which it won't.

Just more foy your dad's sake really.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Disagree. I'm more than happy to slag someone off, even family members of NSC posters, but this is all about the context. Jack Carroll, by auditioning for BGT, is putting himself on a huge stage and effectively claiming he is good enough to win a major national competition with a £250,000 prize. If he puts himself there, he has to be compared to his rivals and be prepared for ridicule. He has to be judged as such, and the harsh reality is he's woeful. The guy in the second video has been on a simple course to learn the ropes, so I'm judging him as an everyday bloke, along the lines of 'Would I be able to do that?' The answer is I could easily write a script as good as that, but there is no way I would be able to remember a routine and perform it in front of any sort of crowd after one course. So for that I have more respect.

There is NO other context, when performing, other than the act. I weep for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here