Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we do not leave before the transition period has expired I think we maybe liable for any EU associated costs which are likely to include the COVID-19 aftermath. Just a thought.
Interesting point.

Given that we are do not have enough time nor any inclination to do a decent deal, then perhaps the strategy is to limit liability now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we do not leave before the transition period has expired I think we maybe liable for any EU associated costs which are likely to include the COVID-19 aftermath. Just a thought.

If we don't leave before it's expired we have to negotiate a whole new 'divorce' bill from scratch. The current one only allows us to continue using all the EU facilities up until 31st Dec 2020.

But I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to assure us that we are definitely leaving, come whatever, and don't need to worry about this :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

And also exclude ourselves from pooled knowledge, resources and collaborative policies to help us all recover our economies ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so then, do people think Johnson and co will use Covid as cover for fallout from leaving, or cover to reverse ferret?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
so then, do people think Johnson and co will use Covid as cover for fallout from leaving, or cover to reverse ferret?

Hard, no deal Brexit in November? If necessary, but the EU is already begging to make deals, and we already have the greatest deal ever lined up with America, almost ready to sign.

He's going to get Brexit done.

:wink:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
In my capacity as photographer, I took some pics of the Brexit celebrations in the Parliament Square area on 31st January, haven't posted them before as I've had loads of stuff to do. They start in the afternoon with a group of remainers and leavers confronting each other and finish at 11pm, when Britain officially left the EU.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
In my capacity as photographer, I took some pics of the Brexit celebrations in the Parliament Square area on 31st January, haven't posted them before as I've had loads of stuff to do. They start in the afternoon with a group of remainers and leavers confronting each other and finish at 11pm, when Britain officially left the EU.

View attachment 122455 View attachment 122456 View attachment 122457 View attachment 122458 View attachment 122459 View attachment 122460

top photo , bloke on the right has the look of Boredom, can't think why :D
regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

View attachment 122455 View attachment 122456 View attachment 122457 View attachment 122458 View attachment 122459 View attachment 122460

Did you ask " What are we now able to do as a country that we could not do before ?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here