[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I really think we will see a lot less of Leaver rhetoric in the wake of C19. In the wider community and on here.
Maybe some people will realise we are stronger being part of a community. Maybe some of the selfish has been knocked out of people.
Hopefully the pandemic is something of a wake up call and Bozza and the other mods are a bit stricter with the racist posters like Das Reich.

Here’s hoping.

One would hope it's a wake up call that resounds a lot further than Bozza , Sussex and indeed Europe........what could be more racist than releasing a killer virus across the globe ..?? wakey ****ing wakey boys......this is a warning shot.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You call it a burden. Reasonable people see it as helping others in their community/union. People like you will never understand or learn from events such as the one we are experiencing.

Unfortunately, some of the people out clapping the NHS are the same people who see others needs as a "burden". It's beyond hypocrisy.

haven't heard from you for a while was starting to worry given your job.....glad you're ok.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
haven't heard from you for a while was starting to worry given your job.....glad you're ok.

Thank you, I appreciate the concern. All well thanks, just not been on here much. I hope you are well?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
28th April - We won’t need an extension to our Brexit transition time, insists Gove

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/we-wont-need-an-extension-to-our-brexit-transition-time-insists-gove-0bbgmsddj

Well at least we have a leader and senior politicians we can trust when they say they will lie in front of the diggers, there will be no border in the Irish Sea, they will die in a trench, build 40 hospitals, send £350 a week to the NHS, get unfettered access to the Single Market and not keep extending deadlines.

Imagine what it would be like if we were in America where their leader and politicians lie constantly ???

Corona issues are going to dwarf Brexit issues. Whilst the pandemic has exposed the Government in many ways, it makes Brexit a mere side note, and covered their arses, any and all failings over Brexit can be excused to some extent by the pandemic. Except for one, whether to extend or not, and to be honest, if we are going to do it, I would rather it happens now rather than wait for things to start getting back to normal and then get hit with another load of shit soon after.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No, you take a long hard look at yourself you total prick.
This is on the Brexit thread, where it should be, I have not mentioned Brexit on any other thread, certainly not a Coronavirus one.
Over the past few days people who have stood up in the media and taken the government to task over their handling of the crisis, as they have every right to do, have been pelted on social media from leavers with vile abuse saying that they have an agenda against the government because of Brexit.
I'm no fan of Piers Morgan but he came out after the vote as a remainder but accepts it and it's time to move on, but he and doctors and others are being subjected to abuse from leavers.
These people won the vote, they should be happy but still they can't let it go for some strange unfathomable reason.
So don't go round telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing on the relevant thread, having seen the abuse to these people on social media they aren't just thickos but sickos and clearly you are one of them.
Now fuk off.

Your usual pleasant self. What I expect from the remainers on here

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is a good piece on some of the links between the policies around Brexit and the policies around the pandemic in the UK

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2020/04/coronavirus-and-brexit.html?m=1

He's on the money. Sorry Mouldy boots but I'm investing elsewhere for now, good luck..

What both Brexit and coronavirus reveal are some fundamental flaws in the way we are governed and the political discourse around it. The populist explosion of this decade, of which Brexit was a prime example, has bequeathed a way of governing which is impervious to reason, and incapable of engaging with complexity. It isn’t just chance that we have a woefully incompetent Prime Minister, a dud stand in, and a cabinet of mediocrities, propped up by a cadre of special advisors with few skills beyond contrarian posturing.

They are the legacy of Brexit. They were brought into power by Brexit. But all the things which secured the vote for Brexit – the clever-but-dumb messaging, the leadership-by-slogan, the appeal to nostalgic sentiment the disdain for facts and evidence, the valorisation of anger and divisiveness, the bluff ‘commonsense’ and the ‘bluffers’ book’ knowledge – are without exception precisely the opposite of what is needed for effective governance in general, and crisis management in particular

D

Deleted member 2719

Have no fear, [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] is your saviour and is campaigning* for people to buy British. Fill your Boots with cars which look shit and break down, washing machines which explode and Dyson’s over-engineered solutions to problems which didn’t exist. He even wants you to forgo a few weeks in the sun for the sleet of Scarborough.

* begging.

Being such a snowflake HT, you would thrive in the sleet of Scarborough.

You know it makes sense, back Britain as you know it has your back.

Jan 30, 2008
Corona issues are going to dwarf Brexit issues. Whilst the pandemic has exposed the Government in many ways, it makes Brexit a mere side note, and covered their arses, any and all failings over Brexit can be excused to some extent by the pandemic. Except for one, whether to extend or not, and to be honest, if we are going to do it, I would rather it happens now rather than wait for things to start getting back to normal and then get hit with another load of shit soon after.
We left in January , trade deal or no trade deal life still goes on out of the EU
Regards
DF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
back Britain as you know it has your back.

Absolutely...well, unless you’re on Reuter’s worker on holiday in Israel, or a victim of fatal car accident outside a U.K. army base, or live in a care home etc

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Being such a snowflake HT, you would thrive in the sleet of Scarborough.

You know it makes sense, back Britain as you know it has your back.

Britain has a long, rich history of not backing it’s citizens. Always worse when there’s a Tory government, worse still since we cut loose from the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports