Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
control our borders/ strike new trade deals , stop being one of the main contributors to the EU budget??? that's some of the reasons we left the EU............. hope that helps
regards
DF
Leaving wont make any difference to immigration and trade deals will be harder if anything, hope they helps...

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The return of the thickos.
Still unable to answer simple questions, still don't know what they voted for, thick as pig shit little England knuckle draggers.
Racist ignorance won the day and nothing else.

You really need to take a long hard look at yourself.
In these perilous times, with services stretched, people fighting for their lives and the world facing its biggest crisis for 80 odd years, you come out with sad, petty and ignorant language like this. I hope to God that this is a wind up because if it isn't, you need therapy. I assume, that if you are unfortunate enough to catch this virus, you won't be lying in a hospital bed, fighting for your life, worrying about which doctors and nurses voted Leave or Remain.
Despite everything that is going on at present, you cannot detach yourself and move on from the bitterness of a result that you disagreed with nearly four years ago and something that very few people are thinking about at the moment. Maybe we should all wait and see what the next few months/years bring to our everyday lives. One thing is for sure, they won't be the same as before. The UK will be different and so will the EU. Some industries will be forced to change. Many, many companies will go out of business and many, many jobs will be lost. Some member states of the EU will literally be on their knees and will place a huge burden on the rest. Taxation will rise in the UK. We will travel less. Confidence will be in short supply and recessive times lie ahead.
In the whole scheme of things, anyone still worrying about Brexit, needs their head examined.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In these perilous times, with services stretched, people fighting for their lives and the world facing its biggest crisis for 80 odd years, you come out with sad, petty and ignorant language like this. I hope to God that this is a wind up because if it isn't, you need therapy. I assume, that if you are unfortunate enough to catch this virus, you won't be lying in a hospital bed, fighting for your life, worrying about which doctors and nurses voted Leave or Remain.
Despite everything that is going on at present, you cannot detach yourself and move on from the bitterness of a result that you disagreed with nearly four years ago and something that very few people are thinking about at the moment. Maybe we should all wait and see what the next few months/years bring to our everyday lives. One thing is for sure, they won't be the same as before. The UK will be different and so will the EU. Some industries will be forced to change. Many, many companies will go out of business and many, many jobs will be lost. Some member states of the EU will literally be on their knees and will place a huge burden on the rest. Taxation will rise in the UK. We will travel less. Confidence will be in short supply and recessive times lie ahead.
In the whole scheme of things, anyone still worrying about Brexit, needs their head examined.

there are a few of this kind around I'm afraid......it's the same as blaming boris for the covid outbreak , i got involved in a
heated discussion on a fb page over the weekend on a brighton based page which turned out to be a creche for the cities lgtbq labour supporters binfest....blaming boris for running the country down to a point where the nhs can't handle this outbreak , well i'm afraid a few home truths ended up with the pitch forks coming out ........unbelievable small mindedness from what is supposed to be an enlightened , liberal bunch of people .

bickering about which date the virus was first reported and which date the health dept. declared a pandemic....the fact remains that a young gp in wuhan blew the whistle on the virus in mid/late december........china covered this up and shut him down , he died of the virus himself leaving young children and a wife behind......china openly declared the virus as a massive problem on 31st dec .....on the 6th of january a delegation of 12 chinese technicians flew into milan and on to bergamo.....the rest is history .....how on earth this virus managed to spread around the globe but not get to any other chinese cities is a subject of massive speculation, also how it managed to get onto so many cruise ships which were already afloat by the time the pandemic was declared.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They didn't write this on the side of a bus:-

Coronavirus: Furloughed workers urged to become fruit pickers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52435332

George Eustice told the daily Number 10 coronavirus briefing that only a third of the usual workforce was available.

Many more would be needed in the summer and "we are working with industry to identify an approach" to get furloughed employees to help, he said.

Much of the work would normally be done by seasonal migrant labourers.

According to the British Growers Association, 70,000 seasonal staff a year are needed.

However farmers say the pandemic has restricted the availability of foreign workers and have complained they cannot recruit enough domestic labour.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52215606

BBC can't seem to make up it's mind about fruit pickers. Two weeks ago there were record applications. I read in the Guardian Brits were complaining they weren't being replied to, the answer from the BIFGA was that it's early in the season and the numbers ramp up in June and July. It's all a bit of a non story but the media seem to love a fruit picking controversy.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wow, who would have thought we needed those migrant workers in the first place...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

No, you take a long hard look at yourself you total prick.
This is on the Brexit thread, where it should be, I have not mentioned Brexit on any other thread, certainly not a Coronavirus one.
Over the past few days people who have stood up in the media and taken the government to task over their handling of the crisis, as they have every right to do, have been pelted on social media from leavers with vile abuse saying that they have an agenda against the government because of Brexit.
I'm no fan of Piers Morgan but he came out after the vote as a remainder but accepts it and it's time to move on, but he and doctors and others are being subjected to abuse from leavers.
These people won the vote, they should be happy but still they can't let it go for some strange unfathomable reason.
So don't go round telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing on the relevant thread, having seen the abuse to these people on social media they aren't just thickos but sickos and clearly you are one of them.
Now fuk off.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This is on the Brexit thread, where it should be, I have not mentioned Brexit on any other thread, certainly not a Coronavirus one.
Over the past few days people who have stood up in the media and taken the government to task over their handling of the crisis, as they have every right to do, have been pelted on social media from leavers with vile abuse saying that they have an agenda against the government because of Brexit.
I'm no fan of Piers Morgan but he came out after the vote as a remainder but accepts it and it's time to move on, but he and doctors and others are being subjected to abuse from leavers.
These people won the vote, they should be happy but still they can't let it go for some strange unfathomable reason.
So don't go round telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing on the relevant thread, having seen the abuse to these people on social media they aren't just thickos but sickos and clearly you are one of them.
Now fuk off.

Wow.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really think we will see a lot less of Leaver rhetoric in the wake of C19. In the wider community and on here.
Maybe some people will realise we are stronger being part of a community. Maybe some of the selfish has been knocked out of people.
Hopefully the pandemic is something of a wake up call and Bozza and the other mods are a bit stricter with the racist posters like Das Reich.

Here’s hoping.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is this still going on ?

It's done.

All anyone needs to do now is stockpile like their lives depend on it for Dec 31st and the no-deal sudden destruction of the supply chains.

Let Covid-19 be a warning to everyone.

The state of the supermarkets recently will be but a halcyon dream when no-deal hits at the end of the year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
28th April - We won’t need an extension to our Brexit transition time, insists Gove

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/we-wont-need-an-extension-to-our-brexit-transition-time-insists-gove-0bbgmsddj

Well at least we have a leader and senior politicians we can trust when they say they will lie in front of the diggers, there will be no border in the Irish Sea, they will die in a trench, build 40 hospitals, send £350 a week to the NHS, get unfettered access to the Single Market and not keep extending deadlines.

Imagine what it would be like if we were in America where their leader and politicians lie constantly ???

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now fuk off.

This.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
28th April - We won’t need an extension to our Brexit transition time, insists Gove

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/we-wont-need-an-extension-to-our-brexit-transition-time-insists-gove-0bbgmsddj

Well at least we have a leader and senior politicians we can trust when they say they will lie in front of the diggers, there will be no border in the Irish Sea, they will die in a trench, build 40 hospitals, send £350 a week to the NHS, get unfettered access to the Single Market and not keep extending deadlines.

Imagine what it would be like if we were in America where their leader and politicians lie constantly ???

Have no fear, [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] is your saviour and is campaigning* for people to buy British. Fill your Boots with cars which look shit and break down, washing machines which explode and Dyson’s over-engineered solutions to problems which didn’t exist. He even wants you to forgo a few weeks in the sun for the sleet of Scarborough.

* begging.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You call it a burden. Reasonable people see it as helping others in their community/union. People like you will never understand or learn from events such as the one we are experiencing.

Unfortunately, some of the people out clapping the NHS are the same people who see others needs as a "burden". It's beyond hypocrisy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here