[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You really can’t take any criticism of this Government , can you?
The fact that they have turned down any sort of EU offered assistance, just because of anti EU dogma, has and will cost lives.

Have they no shame.

or utterly inept , out of their depth , over educated morons.......our ruling party here is the same , they all have university qualifications but they are narcissistic , megalomanic fukwhitts.......they have been caught with their fingers in the till time and time again , 6 days after lock down Arch bishop george pell was released from prison after being jailed for being a paedo.....this whole situation reeks to high heaven in my opinion .....there is an awful lot more to this than meets the eye..!!!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bojo spokesperson says no extension transition period

Hats off to them, all their new customs infrastructure and systems must be well ahead of schedule despite the national emergency.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Hats off to them, all their new customs infrastructure and systems must be well ahead of schedule despite the national emergency.
In August I'll need to build an absolutely massive 2nd Wave / No-deal stockpile before Lockdown 2 !

Jan 30, 2008

good news ,no point in lingering around with a union we are not part of ,
regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm still looking out for the 50,000 odd Border Force and HM Customs jobs to be advertised. I'd be up there like a rat up a rafter, best job in the world now.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm still looking out for the 50,000 odd Border Force and HM Customs jobs to be advertised. I'd be up there like a rat up a rafter, best job in the world now.

Maybe you could carry out beach patrols instead, I'm sure they could do with advanced notice of illegal entry into the country
Regards
DF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It is beyond me to understand why, in times of huge economic uncertainty, the UK government wouldn't allocate more time to sorting out a proper trade agreement. Or at least hold it as a possibility.

It seems that fulfilling that promise is the only thing being placed above everyone's welfare at present. Some political ambitions have to take a higher priority.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It is beyond me to understand why, in times of huge economic uncertainty, the UK government wouldn't allocate more time to sorting out a proper trade agreement. Or at least hold it as a possibility.

It seems that fulfilling that promise is the only thing being placed above everyone's welfare at present. Some political ambitions have to take a higher priority.

I've thought for a long time that our beloved PM as one really defining gift: astonishing luck. In this context he's been landed with a global f*ck up which will dwarf the Brexit f*uck up and muddy the water to such an extent that folk will not know which f*ck up is really responsible for wrecking the economy. In terms of the current crisis, being sidelined has meant that some of the flak that should be heading his way is being copped by the hapless Hancock, while he recovers after (as his dad said) 'taking one for the team'.

(I'm not saying that he in any way wanted Covid to visit us, and I'm sure he'd rather be fit and healthy and at the helm. It's just that sometimes things work out this way.)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

We have entered No Deal at all costs territory. This lot don’t give a **** and never did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It's impossible for people who put dogma above people's lives to understand. But for those who do it makes absolute sense.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I've thought for a long time that our beloved PM as one really defining gift: astonishing luck. In this context he's been landed with a global f*ck up which will dwarf the Brexit f*uck up and muddy the water to such an extent that folk will not know which f*ck up is really responsible for wrecking the economy. In terms of the current crisis, being sidelined has meant that some of the flak that should be heading his way is being copped by the hapless Hancock, while he recovers after (as his dad said) 'taking one for the team'.

(I'm not saying that he in any way wanted Covid to visit us, and I'm sure he'd rather be fit and healthy and at the helm. It's just that sometimes things work out this way.)

Yeap if Brexit goes really badly they will blame it on Covid, I can also see some headbangers using the narrative "if we can survive covid we can survive anything"

There still be nowhere to hide as the rest of the world recovers and the UK goes into more of a depression than a recession

Jan 30, 2008

If the EU are so keen on a deal maybe they need to get their arse in gear or we just walk away
Regards
DF

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Whatever deal we don't do, it isn't for life.

Trade deals - or no deals - can always be superseded.

All we need is big individual stockpiles to ride out the initial supply chain crash, and then we can bunker down until the proper deal is done.

I'm looking forward to really stocking up in August before wave 2 and no-deal hit one after the other.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Yeap if Brexit goes really badly they will blame it on Covid, I can also see some headbangers using the narrative "if we can survive covid we can survive anything"

There still be nowhere to hide as the rest of the world recovers and the UK goes into more of a depression than a recession

If we do not leave before the transition period has expired I think we maybe liable for any EU associated costs which are likely to include the COVID-19 aftermath. Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports